Early Scion Thread Swap

My kieffer pears have a serious blight problem. I'm looking to cut them back and start over with a better blight resistant variety. If anyone needs some yates or Arkansas blk scion wood I can trade or pay for some pear scion wood.

I collected some Kieffer, J Ledbetter, and Cousins pear scions this past weekend. I've never had any blight problems with my kieffers, they're large mature trees from Wildlife Growers (David Osborn, UGA Deer Lab). If you're interested in any of those I'd gladly swap a few for a few Arkansas Black and Yates.

I collected some Kieffer, J Ledbetter, and Cousins pear scions this past weekend. I've never had any blight problems with my kieffers, they're large mature trees from Wildlife Growers (David Osborn, UGA Deer Lab). If you're interested in any of those I'd gladly swap a few for a few Arkansas Black and Yates.
Let me know how many and send me your address please. When do the Cousins drop?

Let me know how many and send me your address please. When do the Cousins drop?

Cousins is a late summer dropper. I don't know much about it but it's from Vicksburg, MS. The parent tree got killed in the river flood in 2011 and I've got one of the few grafted "children." It produced young.

How many scions do you need? And of what varieties? I only collected Kieffer, J Led, and Cousins but I've got some other varieties i can collect next time I'm at the farm if you're looking for something specific. It's almost getting too late to collect though, the trees are waking up with all of this warm weather.

Cousins is a late summer dropper. I don't know much about it but it's from Vicksburg, MS. The parent tree got killed in the river flood in 2011 and I've got one of the few grafted "children." It produced young.

How many scions do you need? And of what varieties? I only collected Kieffer, J Led, and Cousins but I've got some other varieties i can collect next time I'm at the farm if you're looking for something specific. It's almost getting too late to collect though, the trees are waking up with all of this warm weather.
Yea I cut some early dropping apple scion Saturday and noticed some leafed out. Crazy winter we are having. It's going to be a bad peach year down south. Send me your address and I will get back with you next year for some scion wood Lord willing.

Matt,
I cut some Saturday. They are in fridge and I will mail in a week. I will get some scion wood from ya down the road.
Erik

Erik,

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. I noticed the buds as swelling on some of the water oak as we speak. Not sure when would be a good time to try to graft some. I have a feeling old man winter hasn't given up on us yet and we are due for one more cold spell before spring.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I was pruning some trees this weekend when I noticed both of my peach trees starting to bloom. It's way to early for that.

I have a handful of scions from George Shepherd's Iowa pear tree if anyone would like any. I am always in the market for late dropping persimmons and late blooming apples.
I grafted scions from Geo's pear last spring and got strong growth last summer. We never really determined what cultivar it was. But the deer gave it a stamp of approval.

Doesnt look like im getting the scions from GRIN. Soooo if anyone has Anna or Shell of Alabama and wants to deal... let me know.

Doesnt look like im getting the scions from GRIN. Soooo if anyone has Anna or Shell of Alabama and wants to deal... let me know.
I just planted some Shell and Anna this past weekend. Let me know next Feb and I'll send you some scions. Sorry, can't help you right now though.

I just planted some Shell and Anna this past weekend. Let me know next Feb and I'll send you some scions. Sorry, can't help you right now though.
Thanks. I hope i can round up some this year. I have some extra root stock. But if not I'll hit you up for sure.

Back