Fritz' Video Tracking Journal

suburbhunter

Fritz is from Brushpile's kennel. He just started his 4th season tracking and has found 105 deer to date. We have a couple 2023 videos up, with a few more already being edited. I haven't posted in the group for awhile, and I still have my KY farm. 😉 Tracking takes a lot of my time, but I thought I would continue to contribute with some tracking action, since time at my farm is limited. I'll try to keep posting tracking adventures here. Subscribing may be easier to follow along. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtC2uzbr4vktUIRzmQVj9MA?sub_confirmation=1

Not a very long or difficult track here. A father and son were hunting together and the father made a bad shot with his crossbow. The son really wanted to recover the deer for his father and felt their best chance would be to back out and call me. He didn't even attempt to track and played it super safe.

Hot off the press...
Gosh - how informative. My first time to watch any thermal drone footage. Illustrates how tough the animals are. Do you believe this buck is lost - or will the search continue with more passage of time. Thanks for posting this video. Wonder how many others are like me - seeing their first thermal drone footage?

Fritz is from Brushpile's kennel. He just started his 4th season tracking and has found 105 deer to date. We have a couple 2023 videos up, with a few more already being edited. I haven't posted in the group for awhile, and I still have my KY farm. 😉 Tracking takes a lot of my time, but I thought I would continue to contribute with some tracking action, since time at my farm is limited. I'll try to keep posting tracking adventures here. Subscribing may be easier to follow along. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtC2uzbr4vktUIRzmQVj9MA?sub_confirmation=1
Hello to you, and your dog, I raise and breed German shepherd dogs, currently I have 6 and they are a handful dealing with them every day, but this one girl, I kept her from birth, her mother was straight from Check Republic, any way she is 3rd generation, a beautiful sable 115 lbs, her name is Aja, and 5 years old, through the years she would go with me to put corn out, never was exposed to deer that were shot, blood any of that I kept her in her kennel while recovering the deer, sure she watched as I drug the deer past her and after dressing it out she would investigate the guts and all in the 1/2 barrel, this year was different, my 1st kill of the year she was on the porch with me, the dog does not like gun's, she lays down behind me when I'm gonna shoot, anyway she was there for the kill, and after I shot she ran by me off the porch and to the corn pile I shot on, I'm watching her, as I'm walking towards the shot place, she smells all around and into the woods she goes, the deer dropped 15 to 20 yds from where I shot it, when I got there I was amazed to see her attacking the deers neck and then to it's rear end, these were real attacks, since then every deer I have shot she has been a part of the recovery, same scenario every time, some are further in the woods and some aren't, but the last 8 pointer I shot last Friday wow!!! 300 yds to the corn pile, after the shot, Aja was full bore through my field, down the shooting lane, to the right she goes, when I get there she's a good 100 yds deep in the woods I'm looking around no blood no hair, but I'm watching her, I knew she was on the buck, 25 yds I found drops of blood, and then a real blood trail, Aja started this high pitched bark, never heard this sound out of her, she was back n forth having a fit, well the deer jumped a fence she couldn't get over it, clearly there was blood on both sides, and I found a tree across it, that she could get through, now we're 250 or 275 deep, blood stopped, but she keeps getting it, we come to a huge wide thicket, vines, laurel, bushes, around it she goes twice, then she stops nose in the air to the right nose in the air to the left, stops, and straight into the thicket, yes now the attack is on, deer was laying there dead, is this normal for my dog to know all this???

Hello to you, and your dog, I raise and breed German shepherd dogs, currently I have 6 and they are a handful dealing with them every day, but this one girl, I kept her from birth, her mother was straight from Check Republic, any way she is 3rd generation, a beautiful sable 115 lbs, her name is Aja, and 5 years old, through the years she would go with me to put corn out, never was exposed to deer that were shot, blood any of that I kept her in her kennel while recovering the deer, sure she watched as I drug the deer past her and after dressing it out she would investigate the guts and all in the 1/2 barrel, this year was different, my 1st kill of the year she was on the porch with me, the dog does not like gun's, she lays down behind me when I'm gonna shoot, anyway she was there for the kill, and after I shot she ran by me off the porch and to the corn pile I shot on, I'm watching her, as I'm walking towards the shot place, she smells all around and into the woods she goes, the deer dropped 15 to 20 yds from where I shot it, when I got there I was amazed to see her attacking the deers neck and then to it's rear end, these were real attacks, since then every deer I have shot she has been a part of the recovery, same scenario every time, some are further in the woods and some aren't, but the last 8 pointer I shot last Friday wow!!! 300 yds to the corn pile, after the shot, Aja was full bore through my field, down the shooting lane, to the right she goes, when I get there she's a good 100 yds deep in the woods I'm looking around no blood no hair, but I'm watching her, I knew she was on the buck, 25 yds I found drops of blood, and then a real blood trail, Aja started this high pitched bark, never heard this sound out of her, she was back n forth having a fit, well the deer jumped a fence she couldn't get over it, clearly there was blood on both sides, and I found a tree across it, that she could get through, now we're 250 or 275 deep, blood stopped, but she keeps getting it, we come to a huge wide thicket, vines, laurel, bushes, around it she goes twice, then she stops nose in the air to the right nose in the air to the left, stops, and straight into the thicket, yes now the attack is on, deer was laying there dead, is this normal for my dog to know all this???

Attachments

• IMG_20231127_150332253.jpg
    IMG_20231127_150332253.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231127_150301067.jpg
    IMG_20231127_150301067.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
This hunter was very lucky to immobilize this buck to the point where we could find it so he could dispatch it... of course a clean miss would of been better.

The hunter requested the drone on this one. He had a tracker come out with an inexperienced dog and was tracking off lead, which is illegal in our state. The dog chased the deer across the road and was struck and killed by a passing by car. The tracker knew he was not allowed to track off lead and was charged just last year for doing it... Anyway, the hunter was able to paddle this buck home. Enjoy.

Back