Getting closer to go time...

John Paul

Even with these higher than usual temperatures we are having, Fall is right around the corner. With seed hitting the ground, stands going up and dove season about the begin there is no denying what is about to transpire in the woods. To say I'm getting antsy is an understatement.

The Crossover Buck has been MIA for about 3 weeks. He's been on our radar for 3 years now and I need to take harvest photos with someone behind him this Fall.

IMG_0100-X2.jpg

Beautiful young buck here. Would love to see him develop a few more years.
IMG_0640-X2.jpg

He's a very photogenic buck. Always smiles for the camera.
EK000617-XL.jpg

JCA is done growing, he's just drying down his velvet and waiting to start destroying small trees with those matched split brows.
EK000036-XL.jpg

Big ole nasty buck here. Cannot place him but looks like he's a mature buck.
EK001008-XL.jpg

Glad to see the buck in the background back. He's been missing the past 3ish weeks and has grown three kickers since I've seen him last.
IMAG0386-XL.jpg

IMAG0387-XL.jpg

I'm living a lot closer to you now. Let me know if you need a hand planting. I may have a tractor for you to use soon too if you are interested in storing it for me. I'm thinking of trying to keep it and just let somebody store it and use it in the meantime. I'm guessing you probably have all the tractors that you need though.

I'm living a lot closer to you now. Let me know if you need a hand planting. I may have a tractor for you to use soon too if you are interested in storing it for me. I'm thinking of trying to keep it and just let somebody store it and use it in the meantime. I'm guessing you probably have all the tractors that you need though.

I'll definitely store it for you, maybe even rent it from you?

I have no idea why you would ever be excited about hunting season except you did mention the season for sky crappie is about to start. :D

Mr. P is a heck of a buck. You always have some dandies to show us and those younger up and comers will be great to watch over the next couple of years.

I'm new here so have to ask, please do not be offended. Are all of those free ranging animals ?
Either way its one heck of a collection and thanks for sharing your giant buck pictures with us, well done.

I'm new here so have to ask, please do not be offended. Are all of those free ranging animals ?
Either way its one heck of a collection and thanks for sharing your giant buck pictures with us, well done.

Not offended one bit. All these animals are free range, no high fences allowed in Virginia.

Reactions: don
Back