Hoosiers - think about your spring tree planting needs now

j-bird

I am not sure how many of my fellow Hoosiers know that the state provides native trees in bare root form for a reasonable price. This is ONLY available to those living in Indiana - sorry the rest of you guys.

This is a link if you prefer
http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/3620.htm

Here is the actual form and list/pricing of what is available. Ordering starts 10/3 and delivery will be next spring.
DR trees 2016-17.jpg

Also, many of the Home improvement stores have gotten their fall shipment of fruit trees here in Indiana. Just spotted some moonglow, Ayers and Kiefer trees today at Lowe's.

I have picked up trees from Vallonia many times, including last year. I rate them better quality than any other nursery grown tree I've ever ordered.
Talked to them in March about pitchxloblolly. They stated that they couldnt get seed like they used to get. So i picked up Virginia pine instead and was pleased. Pitchxlobs from MO DNR have struggled.

State foresters talked them out of offering sawtooths. Glad i got mine when i did back when.

I will be picking up another 100 bald cypress, Virginia pine, and a bottomland packet from them!
Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for the reminder too, i am always late on ordering seem to sell out on alot , planted 100 norway spuce last year i picked up at jasper pulaski.

Back