Let the feast begin!

Back home, surgery went real well. A lot less pain than I thought I'd be in. I did go right out for an orchard walk, my wife yelling at me to get in all the way. lol. She keeps a good eye on me! We just walked, it felt good. Buds look great, should have a great crop. Deer should be fed well this year!
Stark reminder of how bad things can get messing around in trees like we do. Thanks for sharing your story.
Still hard to tell, but Liberty looks to have a good set. How do you go about checking fruit set? I only know to watch the little fruits grow.

Stark reminder of how bad things can get messing around in trees like we do. Thanks for sharing your story.
Still hard to tell, but Liberty looks to have a good set. How do you go about checking fruit set? I only know to watch the little fruits grow.

Ya guys, a word to the wise is sufficient! Use those safety lines all the way up the tree and down.

Fish cut buds in half, if they are green they are good, if they are brown they are bad.

Bad one........

DSCN3022.JPG

Thanks, Maya. Very good to know!
I took a rather informal walk around this evening and saw plenty of pea/slightly larger sized apples with stout stems. Looked good to me.

Thanks, Maya. Very good to know!
I took a rather informal walk around this evening and saw plenty of pea/slightly larger sized apples with stout stems. Looked good to me.
Good to hear, just cut into a few and see what you see.

Back