Shooting blind grafitti

I actually used to do that...until Leupold CDS came out. Much easier for my failing mind...:)

I don’t need that info for my shots, they always have powder burns on them. 😂
That’s a good idea for the shots that your pics show that you have though. I used to have shots out to 500 or 600 yards, but I limited myself to 300 yards.

I don’t need that info for my shots, they always have powder burns on them. 😂
That’s a good idea for the shots that your pics show that you have though. I used to have shots out to 500 or 600 yards, but I limited myself to 300 yards.
I would limit a shot at a deer to 400 and preferably much less, but a coyote has no limit. And, I would also say to be shooting that far you had better have everything dialed in and have a dang good gun with a dang good rest.

Last edited:
I would limit a shot at a deer to 400 and preferably much less, but a coyote has no limit. And, I would also say to be shooting that far you had better have everything dialed in and have a dang good gun with a dang good rest.
And a Dang Good Shooter!

Like you, a coyote (or a hog) deserves a Hail Mary at any range, but I just don’t have that many places that demand long range accuracy. My longest shot is probably 150 yards and my .280 Rem is minute of angle all day long. When I coyote hunted a lot I had a Savage 22-250 that was a laser beam, if you could see it, you could hit it, given the known range and more importantly the dang good rest that you mentioned. Here’s what I do in my blind. Shooting rest made with plastic pellets and the bottom of an old blue jeans leg and shooting sticks for the rear. It’s rock steady, and easily adjustable, both important !IMG_2297.jpeg

Like you, a coyote (or a hog) deserves a Hail Mary at any range, but I just don’t have that many places that demand long range accuracy. My longest shot is probably 150 yards and my .280 Rem is minute of angle all day long. When I coyote hunted a lot I had a Savage 22-250 that was a laser beam, if you could see it, you could hit it, given the known range and more importantly the dang good rest that you mentioned. Here’s what I do in my blind. Shooting rest made with plastic pellets and the bottom of an old blue jeans leg and shooting sticks for the rear. It’s rock steady, and easily adjustable, both important !View attachment 26687
Very nice setup. I have very few places I can take a long shot except on a pipeline that bisects our property. It is rare for me to take a long shot as well, but I do like to be prepared. I actually built a mobile shooting bench I use in one spot. It stays wheeled out of the way unless I decide to take a long shot. It has a bullsbag filled with cat litter on it.

Jack, that setup was out of necessity, since I have three of those cattle panel round blinds. They were originally bow blinds and worked very well for that. When I turned them into gun blinds I had to put a small shelf in them to rest my rifle on and since there was nowhere to rest my elbow I just used the sticks. It works very well.

Like you, a coyote (or a hog) deserves a Hail Mary at any range, but I just don’t have that many places that demand long range accuracy. My longest shot is probably 150 yards and my .280 Rem is minute of angle all day long. When I coyote hunted a lot I had a Savage 22-250 that was a laser beam, if you could see it, you could hit it, given the known range and more importantly the dang good rest that you mentioned. Here’s what I do in my blind. Shooting rest made with plastic pellets and the bottom of an old blue jeans leg and shooting sticks for the rear. It’s rock steady, and easily adjustable, both important !View attachment 26687
Is that a Tecomate stock? It looks identical to my Sako .300 wsm

We just write the name ,date and what the deer was we shot,none of us are that good of shots for those distances

Is that a Tecomate stock? It looks identical to my Sako .300 wsm
It is an HS Precision stock MM. That’s the one and only custom rifle I have or ever will have. Built by Alamo Precision Rifles in Hearst, TX. Remington 700 action, Bartlein barrel, Timney trigger. It shoots better than me.

Back