The legend of Dagger.

Seabee

I recently had a land tour on here called "The perfect 10". It was my little 10 acre wooded property that I own that is bordered by two small ag fields and surrounded by thousands of acres of timber. It's the perfect little ambush spot.

Dagger:
Springtime trailcam pics had a promising outlook. I had tons of bucks in velvet but one deer stuck out right away. This bucks G2's and G3's were Inches above all the other deer on my cams. We watched throughout the summer as his rack continued to grow taller and taller. My hunting buddy and I named him "Dagger". Although not the highest scoring deer on the property, he was one both of us wanted on our wall!

Opening day of the Indiana deer season I was sitting on my hill top watching a doe drink out of the water hole I had dug last year. It was really neat thinking about how the addition of that little water feature has provided a place so many animals stop and visit on their way through my woods. It has been my number one favorite improvement and I can not believe how many deer hit it every day! I had just taken a pic of her drinking and was sending it to my wife when I heard the sound of an approaching deer. It was dagger! He stopped behind a tree about 75 yards away and was watching the doe. I had plenty of time to get my scope on him and wait for his next move. He the proceeded to head towards the doe which brought him 20 yards from my tree!

Ladies and gentlemen, I intorduce to you. "Dagger"

Both G2's measured well over 13 inches and both G3's were over 12.

The water hole.

This is my best friend of 38 years who comes up from Georgia and hunts with me every year. He shot a 160" ten point a few years ago on the same property.

Last edited:
Congratulations on a great deer. The G2s and the G3s are great tines. Outfitters are hard to live with.

Sorry to hear you had to take your thread down but understandable decision. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on a great deer. The G2s and the G3s are great tines. Outfitters are hard to live with.

Sorry to hear you had to take your thread down but understandable decision. Thanks for sharing.

There was really no hard feelings towards the outfitter. He was very nice and respectable as I understand. We were more concerned about maybe possible trespassing and poachers lurking around out there too. It's a very secluded property.

What a beautiful buck. Congratulations!

Sorry to hear about the forum messing you up. That makes me sick. The outfitter sounds like a dirtbag to me.

Congrats on laying down the hammer on Dagger. What an awesome buck. Some incredible tine length.

Very excited for you
Todd

Great success story. Beautiful buck! Oh how ive wondered what a little water hole would have done for me here on the Home 10 this dry fall.
Congratulations.

Congrats on the great buck seabee! I am sorry you had outfitter issues due to your thread but sounds like you got them worked out :)

Do you have an aerial and county that you can post? You know to help with the story....

Joking! Awesome Buck man congrats!

Ps- my hunting shirt is an old Iron Maiden t , so your wife needs to be very happy with the Aeropostale gear!!

Beautiful deer! Glad it worked out for you. It's awesome when you hunt a particular deer and get it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Just goes to show having a piece of land in the right spot is all it takes.

Congrats.

Back