Wildlife group crabapples

split toe

Got the bare root crab apple package and put them in the ground in November 2014, looks like I got my first fruit this year!
a6e041d4c79f176e8f4064cc53dbe0d7.jpg
d3681c557bcc178d030ebb51c93b2677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great! Don't let that fireblight get away from you on young trees though.
I've not had any troubles at the farms yet, but it's been a pretty bad year at the house.
I've had to butcher my granniwinkle tree that has a lot of my backup grafts on it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Looking great! Don't let that fireblight get away from you on young trees though.
I've not had any troubles at the farms yet, but it's been a pretty bad year at the house.
I've had to butcher my granniwinkle tree that has a lot of my backup grafts on it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
I am going to have to take a few limbs off of that tree due to presumed fire blight.

What are you guys seeing that suggests Fireblight? Novice looking for pointers to help my own orchard! Prune off anything that looks like it has fireblight?

What are you guys seeing that suggests Fireblight? Novice looking for pointers to help my own orchard! Prune off anything that looks like it has fireblight?
You can see a dead/dying limb in the background. Do a google search for "fireblight"

Ahhh... yes I have that on a few trees. Just figured it was a stressed tree. Thanks!

Back