2017 New York cereal rye seed and triticale seed for sale

Chainsaw

Have Cereal Rye(winter Rye)seeds and Triticale seeds harvested August 01 2017 for sale until gone. Price for either is $7.50 for 50Lb bags filled. Bring your own bags and fill them yourself. Bags can be all rye or all triticale or you may mix them at whatever mix ratio you like. We are in Eastern New York below Watertown. Pm me please for contact info.

Note;here we have experienced that planted earlier like early to mid-August produced larger plants by hunting season which were not heavily sought after by deer until winter whereas seeds planted in early September were eaten throughout the hunting season. Mixed with oats and planted early September, entire plantings were fed on regularly. Either planting date produced excellent spring feed as well early fawning cover.
Pic of one of the rye fields just before harvest;
DSC_2019a.jpg

Tom and Rusty, thank you for your interest. If you let me know how many bags you would need I'll find some right away.

Thanks Rusty. The farmer has only like thousand lb bag sizes from his purchases but he has a few leads and will get us some food plot friendly sized bags. I'll post on here when we get the bags. Some guys use five gallon buckets which is manageable weight wise. Some fill barrels or even garbage bags but they can get heavy. Still others have simply filled their pickup bed up. The best way though for handling is the plain old seed bag.

I gave some thought to garb bags, but thought the seed might need to 'breath'. I'll check Tractor supply and a couple of mills in the area.

Thanks - Rusty

Dave, it was great to meet you ! That's a beautiful place you have. Shows that QDM, "let em go so they can grow " really works. Keep up the good work. I'll get the winter rye seed in the ground in a few weeks. I thank you, but I think my Deer thank you more !

Rusty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave, it was great to meet you ! That's a beautiful place you have. Shows that QDM, "let em go so they can grow " really works. Keep up the good work. I'll get the winter rye seed in the ground in a few weeks. I thank you, but I think my Deer thank you more !

Rusty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are very welcome Rusty. Thank you for driving over; it was a pleasure to meet you and talk deer with another understanding habitat manager. One thing I have noticed in the each of the forum people I have met. They all are very experienced deer hunter/managers yet they each listen intently during deer discussions;they are very knowledgeable yet always in the learning mode. And you are one of them.I enjoy being around people like that. I hope to see your property someday; often the energy from two habitat guys spurs ideas in each other that though not earth shattering evades many of us individually.

And be sure to check Outdoor Tom's thread as he is in your area and has made great progress on his property.

Back