Anyone Spray Their Box Blinds?

I have a 4X8 shooting house on stilts that is an Asian Beatle magnet. I went there midday today to clean the windows for Saturday’s youth season and figured I would spray permethrin and fibronal since that is what I had on hand. I swept about 10,000 of them out. I will be curious to see if there is any in there this weekend.

I had swarms of them in my tractor shed last weekend, but none in my blinds? Not sure why that is... Blinds often are infested with flies but I never sprayed. Let me know how the permethrin works.

I spray all of mine for bees and the like early in the season so it has time to dissipate.... Mine are not air tight or even close so I tend to get wasps and the like...... I tend to pick a cool day which tends to slow them down some and then I spray and remove the nests and the like and let the entire thing air out.

Shell no pest strips will keep most of the varmints out of your blinds. I’m told that the cattle ear tags designed to keep flies off cows will do the same.

Shell no pest strips will keep most of the varmints out of your blinds. I’m told that the cattle ear tags designed to keep flies off cows will do the same.

To expound on my earlier post. I have one gun blind that forever has had red wasps. Each September I would slip a bug bomb in it and walk away. I would do that again in October. Last year during the season I put a Shell No-Pest strip in it. I got in it about a week ago to see if I could kill a hog, no wasps, no spiders or webs, nada ! I have one in my bow blinds also, and the deer and pigs don't care.....

Where are you buying the Shell No-Pest strips? It doesn't seem like they sell them anymore?

Where are you buying the Shell No-Pest strips? It doesn't seem like they sell them anymore?

Wallyworld ? Can't remember, but the cattle ear tags can be had at TSC, and that's what I'm using now in my bow blinds.
The "people who look out for us poor ignorant slobs" probably took them off the market. That seems to be what happens to anything that actually works as intended. (Don't get me started, I might proselytize the whole weekend):mad:

Report on the spray job. Went there today to get a heater out of it and there where several thousand Asian beatles in there dead. So the spray didn’t help one bit. It might of killed them once they where there but I doubt it.

Back