arresst/cleth - time to kill

buckhunter10

I sprayed the orchard behind the house with half a pint of Arrest that I had from a few years ago. I did use crop oil, it was about 75 degrees that day.

I have not noticed any of the grasses dying off yet.. what is typical time it takes for this to happen? Can I mow now?

Sometimes it takes a couple weeks,this year I sprayed cleth and had the best kill I have ever had and it was turning in a couple days

I've always been told 3 weeks. It's been about 1.5 and I haven't noticed anything yet.

If I mow will that have a negative impact on it?

I sprayed the orchard behind the house with half a pint of Arrest that I had from a few years ago. I did use crop oil, it was about 75 degrees that day.

I have not noticed any of the grasses dying off yet.. what is typical time it takes for this to happen? Can I mow now?
On the Agristar/Cletodium product label it says that adding ammonium sulfate to the mix is recommended to help in killing grasses more effectively. You may want to consider doing this in the future, this product is very cheap and helps glysophate as well. Just a note, if you add AMS to your mix you need to put the AMS in the water first before adding your other chemicals.

On the Agristar/Cletodium product label it says that adding ammonium sulfate to the mix is recommended to help in killing grasses more effectively. You may want to consider doing this in the future, this product is very cheap and helps glysophate as well. Just a note, if you add AMS to your mix you need to put the AMS in the water first before adding your other chemicals.

Is that needed in addition to crop oil?

If grass is tall, you can get a less than perfect kill. If it recently mowed , you can get less kill. If grass is growing extremely fast with lots of rain, you can get less kill. If temps stay too cool , you can get less kill.
I find spring sprayings less productive than fall. This year I am going to try and do first of July. Their was a poster on old forum that swore that is best time for best kill and only one app. I've always done in May and fall before. I think you will see decent kill in another wk or two.
I agree with Mennonite, in that many recommend AMS. But I have never included it with cleth and have always had great success. Good luck.

Is that needed in addition to crop oil?
Yes, you use it in addition to crop oil. Water has minerals in it that bind to some of the spray molecules and lock them up. Also, some plants have a similar composition on their leaves that also does the same thing. The AMS binds up these molecules so that the chemical molecules are more available to kill the weeds. AMS is also a sulfur/nitrogen fertilizer, so you are getting your money's worth in fertilizer and making the spray chemicals more effective is a free benefit.
(remember the aforementioned note, if you add AMS to your mix you need to put the AMS in the water first before adding your other chemicals.)

,Clethodim herbicide leaf pulls out_0.jpg
3 weeks,usually for you to see dead grass, but the grass is dead sooner than that. If you pull the center stem of the grass out and if it is brown at the bottom, the grass is dead, but still may look green.

I have only sprayed Cleth once. I thought the grass looked as good as ever for a couple weeks after I sprayed and then it began to turn. Once it turned, it happened quick.

AMS is not recommended for use with clethodim on certain crops including clover, most brassicas and berries by label. But just burning down grasses to come back and seed something else later it definitely helps. Always check your labels carefully. Keystonepestsolutions is a great place to be able to read over herbicide labels.

Back