Best hand spreader?

bigbluetruck

I have both the ones you listed... backpack I use for fertilizer or bigger seed. plus is it doesn't bite into your neck like shoulder one.
Shoulder I like for smaller seeds. Both work great and are worth the money. The backpack style has a nice advantage for fertilizing/peas/beans. If your going to use it for seed alone the shoulder is going to be fine. Both have held up fine over this entire food plot season.

The backwards back pack spreader hands down is my favorite of the two. The over one shoulder does not get used anymore although after many, many years of use, it was still in good shape when we changed to the backwards back pack style. As Vandy reported, the over one shoulder style gets uncomfortable.

I have a Solo 421 s that does a good job .II holds 20 lbs . I spread everything from wheat, Rye to clover in hard to get spots . I like it much better than the bag style .

I'm done with over the shoulder spreaders. I bought one of these rigs. Little stuff with this, big stuff by hand.

blow.PNG

I have a Solo 421 s that does a good job .II holds 20 lbs . I spread everything from wheat, Rye to clover in hard to get spots . I like it much better than the bag style .

After using the bag style for years, I bought a Solo. Much, much better IMO, but I've only used it to spread common bermuda. Gonna try it on a clover/chicory mix this fall. I think it will do well.

I have a bag, Earthway, and Solo. I prefer the Solo best. I also have another spreader from a rummage sale that gives the Solo a run for its money. I can't get it away from my wife, it's half the height of the Solo which is good for a short person.

Will the blower model work on bearded NWSG seed?I know a seed slinger is about the only broadcaster that works on it.

Whatever you have, it has to flow through a nickel sized hole or smaller, depending on how far you open your gate.

Back