Cellular cameras

JohnL48

Anyone have any thoughts on the Moultrie cellular cameras ? I know they are not the best but they are within my price range and data plans are decent. I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have not used cell cameras yet. I am wanting to get into them though. I am holding out for Exodus Outdoors to come out with their version hopefully within the next 6 months. I love their regular cameras and warranties. Chad and Matt are great guys as well..

O
Anyone have any thoughts on the Moultrie cellular cameras ? I know they are not the best but they are within my price range and data plans are decent. I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't heard much on the Moultrie wireless cams yet.

I own two covert black ops wireless and have been very pleased with them. I paid around $389.00 for each.

A few guys on this site have spoken highly of the Spartan go wireless cam.

If you purchase a moultrie keep us posted on how it works for you, Good luck !!!!

Just curios, how good is the reception from those cameras? If I do buy one, the place I'm thinking about putting it at does get descent cell coverage but I'm not sure how well it could send a lot of images.

Just curios, how good is the reception from those cameras? If I do buy one, the place I'm thinking about putting it at does get descent cell coverage but I'm not sure how well it could send a lot of images.
I believe you need pretty good coverage for them to work

Who is your cell phone coverage through ?

I knew Moultrie had to add one soon or later. Interesting approach they have taken. In essence adding a modem that will communicate with existing cameras. Interesting that something in the existing cameras that capability, but looks like it needs a data cable.
It does need a cable and their data plan isnt cheap. 29.99 a month for only 238 images. Bushnell 9.99 a month, that gets you 1500 thumbnail images then if you want to download a high resolution image of a thumbnail its .99

It does need a cable and their data plan isnt cheap. 29.99 a month for only 238 images. Bushnell 9.99 a month, that gets you 1500 thumbnail images then if you want to download a high resolution image of a thumbnail its .99
Moultrie plan is steep. I would use up all 238 on one night of catching pigs in the hog trap. I must say that the Spartan GoCam with AT&T service was so valuable during my time of active hog traps. You could easily see what the hogs were doing, and when they tripped the trigger.

I have Verizon, and based on where the amount of pics I get now, I could probably get close to 1,000 per month during the fall. Do they really go through battery life?

I have Verizon, and based on where the amount of pics I get now, I could probably get close to 1,000 per month during the fall. Do they really go through battery life?
We had heard that Verizon would have a $5 plan, to add to existing phone plan. Is that what you have? I have been ok with AT&T at $25 for 3 months (about 8 per month) but actually would have a better signal with Verizon.

We had heard that Verizon would have a $5 plan, to add to existing phone plan. Is that what you have? I have been ok with AT&T at $25 for 3 months (about 8 per month) but actually would have a better signal with Verizon.

Yea that sounds like our plan

I got a Covert wireless cam and used it for the first time last fall. Hunting multiple small farms, not living on the properties and with limited time to hunt, I was blow away at how good of a tool this was to have. Just the lack of pressure never having to step foot on a farm to check a cam/hunt until needed, showed me how pressure any presence on a small property has.

My only complaint is that with these companies partner up with AT&T and Verizon (bought the 16 model now) and you go into the service stores and they have NO idea how to give you the right plan. With the wrong plan you have to reset it every month, doesn't work at all, or has other issues. Set up properly they are amazing. It makes it extremely frustrating to set up dealing with the people at the service stores. If you partner up with these sevices, why not send them a "How to" so it's not such a circus setting them up, or the blank stares you get when you walk into the stores?

I got a Covert wireless cam and used it for the first time last fall. Hunting multiple small farms, not living on the properties and with limited time to hunt, I was blow away at how good of a tool this was to have. Just the lack of pressure never having to step foot on a farm to check a cam/hunt until needed, showed me how pressure any presence on a small property has.

My only complaint is that with these companies partner up with AT&T and Verizon (bought the 16 model now) and you go into the service stores and they have NO idea how to give you the right plan. With the wrong plan you have to reset it every month, doesn't work at all, or has other issues. Set up properly they are amazing. It makes it extremely frustrating to set up dealing with the people at the service stores. If you partner up with these sevices, why not send them a "How to" so it's not such a circus setting them up, or the blank stares you get when you walk into the stores?
My 2015 Coverts included the SIM cards with the camera. I didn't have to go into the AT&T store. Logged onto AT&T online and it only took a few minutes to set up. The newer cameras seem way easier.

The higher end cameras are out of my budget. Looks like i can get a bushnell aggressor for $349.00 with a $ 9.99 a month plan for 1000 images. For Moultrie I would have to buy a modem and camera for around $ 325.00 total. Their plan for 9.99 a month is for 750 images. Since cell service is spotty at best at my cabin I am wondering if you can get a long modem cable so I can hang the modem high in a tree for better reception.
Also considering spypoint. $ 75.00 a yr, unlimited photos
http://www.spypoint.com/EN/products/mms-trail-camera/product-MMS.html

Last edited:
Back