Drought and Survival

Well, I was hoping me being in Florida would change our rain fortunes back home, but no such luck; it stopped ranking here in Florida too, when we arrived. :rolleyes: :)

Well, I was hoping me being in Florida would change our rain fortunes back home, but no such luck; it stopped ranking here in Florida too, when we arrived. :rolleyes: :)
Don't come to PA, it just started raining a lot here in July. Just kidding, you are welcome to visit anytime! We had no rain for the six weeks centered on May, which is usually a wet month in PA. now we are having steady rains in July, which is normally a dry month, go figure?
Your drought in Kansas is truly a natural disaster that is not easily fixed. Hopefully this fall can break the pattern and bring you out of it.

I watch your radar closer than mine - if you didn’t get rain out of this storm system I was going to tell you to sell the farm and move!

040f93d3095ca2f3b4b903451eda8fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flood watches and warnings today in central MO, you've got to be kidding me.... Still in our 3 year struggle for rain across the line in KS. Not all of eastern Kansas mind you, just a lucky few of us.:(
I couldn't help myself, too much work in the rearview mirror. Already watered trees since we got back from Florida, and I'll be watering again tomorrow evening.

Flood watches and warnings today in central MO, you've got to be kidding me.... Still in our 3 year struggle for rain across the line in KS. Not all of eastern Kansas mind you, just a lucky few of us.:(
I couldn't help myself, too much work in the rearview mirror. Already watered trees since we got back from Florida, and I'll be watering again tomorrow evening.
Do you have deep mulch around your trees? I know that can be a double edged sword with mold and root chewing critters going under mulch.

Do you have deep mulch around your trees? I know that can be a double edged sword with mold and root chewing critters going under mulch.
Just in our yard where it can be kept an eye on, we don't put mulch around trees at the farm.

How many trees are you watering at the farm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We lost half our new oaks last year, that's not a blessing by any means, but it would be a monster task watering if they were all still alive, considering the new trees we planted this spring. Right now we're watering 35. If we don't get some rain in the next couple weeks with the extreme heat and wind we've been enduring, we'll have to begin watering the 3 and 4 year old trees. That would put us at approximately 50-55.

Iiiiiiiiiiii’m thinkin of yoooooouuuuuuu! I sang that BTW…
fd2a92bcdcef8203ca6be8e35b089298.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing yet, we’ll see….Normally I’d be very optimistic, but we’re not in normal times.

Where exactly is your place? I always look at Caney, KS - is that not the right spot?

How are you not getting hammered as we speak?

IMG_9751.jpeg

my dad mentioned we got about .25" from that storm at our place east of branson. we hoped for more, but we'll take anything we get. Supposedly my radar app says we are expected to get good rain chances starting wednesday through the weekend.

I'd love some rain to come on down to houston...my parents in east texas have dang near doubled the amount of rain at my house, and our farm is 1.5x as much rain as here.

keep up hope, as my grandfather told me what they said in the 30s and the 50s in texas "it's got to rain someday, just keep going until it does"

Back