Food Plot Time Lapse

Awesome video! So I'll out myself as a newbie here and ask a dumb question, what exactly is milorganite and how does it keep the deer at bay?

I did not. Their idea of "bulk" was 36 lb of poconite. Way too pricey like that.

I got it from Saunders Farm Supply in Walterboro. My dad dealt with them for years, and now I do. Great people.

Fun... amazing how fast those beans grow. Thanks for posting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

great to watch! I noticed you had a healthy amount of some type of leaf eating insect. And that some weeds shot up through at the end! Those beans kept up though with both - are they a forage soybean or Ag?

I think they were army worms, and the "weeds" you saw jump up in the end is sunn hemp. There is a little bit of grass in there, but not enough to worry.

Overall it's a mixture of forage beans, a bushy type of cow pea, sunn hemp, sun flowers, and buckwheat. I'm sitting over the plot right now on opening morning.

Here's what the food plot looks like as of yesterday.

31296cc52473c5a0393ddbe27f7a427e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Looking forward to seeing how this looks in about 6 weeks...I'm guessing it will be getting a good soaking in another day or two, with Blowhard Matthew coming up the coast.

Back