Hurricane Harvey

Been raining here for days now. Today predicted to be the worst. Anticipating 8-10" rain. Fortunately, other than inconvenience nothing tragic as others are suffering from. Will see what kind of flooding we get though flooding not too rare in La.

Been raining here for days now. Today predicted to be the worst. Anticipating 8-10" rain. Fortunately, other than inconvenience nothing tragic as others are suffering from. Will see what kind of flooding we get though flooding not too rare in La.
I hope your fall plots turn out ok. Hurricane Lee I think it was, drowned my brassica in a low flat field.

The eye is expected to pass over here later this evening or tonight with heavy rain. Tomorrow is an unknown. Schools are closed today though we are not expecting high winds.

August was the wettest I can remember with this on top of it. Chased the loggers off the farm. Normally now I am prepping fall plots with burn down or mowing. Obviously that hasn't happened. However , I normally don't plant till Sept 15-Oct 15. Interestingly it could all work out perfect.It won't take many 80-90' days for things to dry out and we will have everything on go to start the hour fields are dry enough to plant. Following the moisture that closely could work well. One of the values of no till.

Now the loggers???

Weather man says going to hit us Friday and Saturday only 3-4 inches of rain. Crazy that parts of Texas got 40-50 inches of rain.

Think we have been extremely lucky with Harvey. As of now we are at ~7" . Looks like most of it is over. With most of the heaviest rains south of us I do not expect flooding as the bayous and rivers can easily handle that amount of water.

Now S. La. ...thats another story.

Back