It's hot!

Merle Hawggard

We've had heat warning the past week. I was off today and needed to water so I did it anyway, just about got to hot. I drank lots of water, but my calf cramped up horribly when I got in.
I hit the pool as quick as I could when I got in!
The beagle pool.

eb2615c29597691309a178ede6e5ca29.jpg
7692e48dbd8284a6016cfb424dcabcac.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

109 here saturday,high 90 today fought grass fire for a couple hours.Put on insulated cloths and get toasty,everyone be careful

Merle in the baby pool ........ priceless.
Ive sweated through every piece of clothing at some point in the day nearly 2 weeks running. Another reason to be excited for fall.
One day working on the orchard fence i overheated. Nothing left in the tank and chills. Thats when its time for cold water and shade boys.
Or a dip in the kiddie pool. :p

Yea been nasty hot here too. But only 50 this morn and temps staying in 60s this weekend. I have got addicted to microfiber shirts and shorts especially underarmor.. Hardly put on cotton anymore in heat. Too expensive but keeps this slow dog moving.
BTW, just glad you didn't do a Lakn and remove clothes before your doggy dip. Some things just take years of therapy to erase from mind.

Merle,

My dad shortened his life pouring concrete in 101 degree weather back in 1988. He had a stroke. Five years later another stroke was the end of him. Once heat sickness happens - it makes up more likely to have it occur again under less stressful situations.

Use more breaks and allow each one to be longer to lower the heart rate and body temp.

I promised myself when my dad was buried I was going to retire when I earned the right and enjoy life. By George, I have kept that promise. It was made for me and my kids and grandkids.

Back when I taught school and worked on school building projects in the summer, a cold tomato and cold orange juice in the afternoon break. Used a salt shaker on the cold tomato and consumed it just like a person eats an apple. That would keep my strength up and eliminate the desire for large amounts of water.

Glad you didn't get down - be safe.

That is a good looking beagle you got there.

Wayne

Merle,

My dad shortened his life pouring concrete in 101 degree weather back in 1988. He had a stroke. Five years later another stroke was the end of him. Once heat sickness happens - it makes up more likely to have it occur again under less stressful situations.

Use more breaks and allow each one to be longer to lower the heart rate and body temp.

I promised myself when my dad was buried I was going to retire when I earned the right and enjoy life. By George, I have kept that promise. It was made for me and my kids and grandkids.

Back when I taught school and worked on school building projects in the summer, a cold tomato and cold orange juice in the afternoon break. Used a salt shaker on the cold tomato and consumed it just like a person eats an apple. That would keep my strength up and eliminate the desire for large amounts of water.

Glad you didn't get down - be safe.

That is a good looking beagle you got there.

Wayne
Hate to hear that about your dad Wayne.
I had brought some cantaloupe and apples plus plenty of powerade.
Drank lots of water, but when I got home and started taking my boots off my calf knotted up so bad I could only wait it out.
I'll use the tomato and salt idea too.
The beagle is one of the few tri colors I have, Bonnie. She is a rabbit hunting machine!
They all usually jump in the pool when I turn them out back, but seemed confused when I jumped in and not a one would join me lol!

Merle,

Those beagles know you are the leader of your pack.

One thing to add for heat management, a banana early in the work will help reduce those cramps. Ole baseball players would drink pickle juice but I draw the line on that.

The water doesn't replace the electrolytes. The tomato with salt is always a good choice. For me the orange juice always cut the cottonmouth feeling in hot weather. We would put roof lumber on around the steel on large school wings around metal roof. I was back in my 30s then and I could handle more stress.

These days I use good sense because I have to. I built the greenhouse starting at daylight, stopping at 10 AM and waiting on the shade to arrive at about 2:30 and work to the end of the afternoon. I lost about 20 pounds on that project.

I need a good project now to drop some weight again.

Wayne

We have had some real feel temps over 110 here also the last few weeks. I work construction and when you are on steel and decking it's even hotter. It's can be a rough life for sure. You have to be cognizant of your body and activities. I think everyone who does hot work overdoes it now and then. I drink mostly water but eat good for lunch. I generally have fruit for breakfast and lunch. When working I look for shade anytime I can get it. I feel for the welders. I'm glad my time under hood is long gone.

We've had heat warning the past week. I was off today and needed to water so I did it anyway, just about got to hot. I drank lots of water, but my calf cramped up horribly when I got in.
I hit the pool as quick as I could when I got in!
The beagle pool.

eb2615c29597691309a178ede6e5ca29.jpg
7692e48dbd8284a6016cfb424dcabcac.jpg

Merle, for that poor hounds sake I hope that's water and not sweat!:eek::eek::eek:

If it's my shirt your talking about, some of both. Maybe that explains why no one wanted to join me.

Man who doesn't shower, sits in his own pew at church!

I was referring to the water in the pool. Looks like the pooch was considering a drink, but with your sweaty butt in there....maybe not! Not sure of the water to sweat ratio!!!! Eeeeewwwww!!!!! :p:p:p:p

80 feels like 78.

Pickle juice works great because of salt. I cut out the middle man and take about 1/3 teaspoon of sea salt when necessary.

G

It's was so hot here Monday, I saw a beagle chasing a rabbit and they were both walking. I like to start out drinking a big bottle of water, then alternate to a bottle of gatorade and repeat. It seems to do what I need. You can't drink straight gatorade or it will do more harm than good. The salt helps with electrolytes in your body as does gatorade. Pedialyte is a good option also. I found Sqwincher a couple of years ago and it does great, but it is hard to find on the shelves of local stores. Last year I found a gummy that was an energy chew and helped with electrolytes, but I don't remember what it was. It could have been a squinter product, but I didn't see it on their website. I have thrown the packs away after I ate them.

Back