Live from the stand 2016!

Looking for hogs this am...brought my rifle. They are demolishing my food plots

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I took care of my hogs but my plots are suffering from armadillos...1:00 - 4:00 am :(
One thing or another...I'll post some pix later. I'm gonna have to get a boar buster, or similar trap..be nice to find someone who needs one and split cost.

Neighborhood watch in full affect. Seems foxy doesn't like my company :)

8a22fff1adf18b9ff679e71fe980154a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunted with son last two evenings. Had borderline shooter making scrape and munching acorns for 30 min beside me on Fri. Son had shooter 8 last night but spooked as he tried to make shot. I hunted ridge stand last night and discovered tree had died. Guess I'll move it this week. Looked good just back early summer. One of my money maker stands at a yearly scrape , in thicket, with max 15 yd shot.
Both of us tagged doe last night as storm blew out. Dark, noisy , foggy, acorn dropping evening. Deer appeared like ghosts. We have hunted total 5 times with 40 deer sightings. Most in a few years. Corn still standing in adjacent fields, so should get better. One old yote on camera and he's not doing his population control job. No Sunday hunting in my county so perfect 40 deg temps today will go unused. Kinda a bummer evening as I found out SIL and daughter were running pumps to clear water from new house they just bought in NC from Matthews. Good luck everyone.

Hunted with son last two evenings. Had borderline shooter making scrape and munching acorns for 30 min beside me on Fri. Son had shooter 8 last night but spooked as he tried to make shot. I hunted ridge stand last night and discovered tree had died. Guess I'll move it this week. Looked good just back early summer. One of my money maker stands at a yearly scrape , in thicket, with max 15 yd shot.
Both of us tagged doe last night as storm blew out. Dark, noisy , foggy, acorn dropping evening. Deer appeared like ghosts. We have hunted total 5 times with 40 deer sightings. Most in a few years. Corn still standing in adjacent fields, so should get better. One old yote on camera and he's not doing his population control job. No Sunday hunting in my county so perfect 40 deg temps today will go unused. Kinda a bummer evening as I found out SIL and daughter were running pumps to clear water from new house they just bought in NC from Matthews. Good luck everyone.
Congrats on the doe, 40 deer...darned good odds. I've seen close to that but not from the stand...good luck to you as well.

3 big does just passed by single file at 10 yards and I drew on the last one. Burned a hole in her with the sight pin on my bowtech for practice and then let down...that may be the doe that drags the py Buck past me here in about 3-4 weeks ;)

Pretty sure my buddy got one this morning I can hear him riding u the mountain on his side on his wheeler and it is still early so that usually means hauling a deer out :)

Awesome morning!

Congrats to you and your son! Sorry to hear about flooding issues from Matthews. That's a bummer.

I am in a tree overlooking south plot. Breezy, SE wind, 58 degrees...wind perfect for this 1 stand. 0 deer seen so far...

e193d46ed502e1e174f16aad41d38f38.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck. I'm back at work this morning then headed to check on hurricane damage this afternoon. After that I will be in the deer stand.

Ended up seeing 4 deer from the stand, 3 deer walking out, and maybe 7 deer in the food plots while I was leaving. Got some trophy coon photos as well.

I have been seeing plenty of coons on most sits. Too bad fur prices arent better. Had a bobcat setting on the trail by my stand last week when I hunted. Fun to see.

Couple more days and i'll be back at it. The weather is cooling down quite nicely!
Will be after it myself in a couple more days. Our cool front shows up tomorrow night and Thursday looks good and Friday looks to be OK and then the weekend looks Hot and windy...

Back