Loving the KY weather and so are the deer

Feels good to see our efforts pay off. Congrats.

Pick a tree as us bowhunters like to say. Oh, and pick a spot.

Wayne

Way to go on a successful plot. I can see those whitetails smiling. :) I am not happy at all with this warm february though. Fruit trees are going to take a beating i am afraid.
Shoot the flippin PA groundhog. :D

This has been fun, watching the plot thicken -when do you all mow? I dont have a large enough herd to keep it down, YET!!
Thanks all.
chris

This has been fun, watching the plot thicken -when do you all mow? I dont have a large enough herd to keep it down, YET!!
Thanks all.
chris
How big is the plot? I see 6 deer in your photo and if they are regular they can keep a fairly decent sized plot eaten down...

I have 3/4 acre rock plot for a backyard and I have 9 deer eating it down this very moment...last year the rye grain was almost knee high by now and deer usage was just 1 doe and fawn. I have trained them for a year now and now have several does and the does are training their fawns it is a good place to eat so the plot is having a harder time keeping up with just clover and WR...

262902a9b5e536d8c46d1a5de31b84e8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great plot in the making.

I only mow a plot like that to keep some undesirable weed from seeding. If it's not a serious weed problem, I will do a little weed eating and/or spraying in order to keep from mowing the whole plot.

Great sounds about right then - i will watch it and see how much use it gets. Its about 1-2 acres but I only have 3/4 of that planted with turnups, white and red clover. exactly what I am training to do is train them that is a 24 hr salad bar!!

20170303233413-9701-100MFCAM_MFDC1665.JPG

Still coming along ok, and WTH with our messed up weather the bucks are confused and havnt shed anything yet???

Back