My property tour

Our familys farm is just north of Fleetville. Know Clark summit well. Great grandparents lived there all their lives.

After the property was logged our top ridge exploded with chestnut trees. I haven't looked really hard but here are some growing.View attachment 1103

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be a dream come true for most any of us out here. I found 2 chestnuts while I was brushhogging for a customer a couple weeks ago and they were huge. I couldn't believe my eyes because they are so very rare here.

jlane - Another great thread in the making! Just ready from page 1. Thx for sharing you habitat journey. It's like the QDMA site never existed. So many of the great guys ended up here.

Thanks guys. I've been busy with work but I found the time to get our fall plots planted and our tree stands checked out before the season kicks off.

We have had rain on a regular basis since I spread all of the seed so I'm excited to see them in a few weeks.

I plan on checking cameras one last time before the season tomorrow and removing the salt licks. Hopefully I have some nice pictures to share.

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out our soybean field. I didn't expect any beans to be growing since the field was browsed so heavily. View attachment 2283
There aren't many, but some are better then none.

Here are the beans in the cage I put up.
815330ebdef736e8c147af891fd1874e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also checked out some of my Douglas fir and blue spruce I planted this spring. I only found a few dead trees at my markers, 3 out of 30. I planted around 200. Most were the size I expected as they are establishing their roots.
459ce45ae0469bd8c6632813f5b0aa31.jpg

But a few exploded and were over a foot tall already.
254f68ccb7644d7b90f13c766aa98be1.jpg

(I put those pictures in the opposite order.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of my cameras were acting up and I can't retrieve the pictures from the SD cards. But the other camera had enough action in front of it to keep me happy.

I don't know if the salt lick attracts all of these animals or if by the deer using it they turn it into a travel way.

It looks like this Mom is in good shape and is raising two healthy fawns.

And here is the nicest buck we have on camera this year.

I wish we could grow spruce or fir tree's here in Oklahoma and I gave it the old college try this year but I fear it is not to be due to drought and heat...

Your place looks great and I look forward to following along!

87C004D8-B8A1-4C37-A677-86AC3BAF2747.jpeg D3DA62F5-3BAE-4650-9FBA-BE61159C3497.jpeg D3DA62F5-3BAE-4650-9FBA-BE61159C3497.jpeg 87C004D8-B8A1-4C37-A677-86AC3BAF2747.jpeg Well I’ve been taking advantage of the limited real life work we are able to do and I’m getting some stuff that has been neglected for some time done at our place.

We fixed the road to our cabin today, I would have been happy without a load of stone with our new box grader but the stone really tightened it up.

Last edited:
I also checked out some Silky dogwood I planted a few years ago. Anything planted right next to the deer trail is being browsed down. Anything 15 feet plus away is getting to be a nice size 5496A098-91C7-4449-83E3-BCD6BB556B1E.jpegE359CF2D-51EF-4BFB-B58A-9ACF5B1B2463.jpeg

Last edited:
Back