Onsite Virus alert I was scammed

George

This morning in the ad box below it said something like "one of your friends blocked you, find out here"

Like an idiot I hit the button and proceeded along for 5 hours to fix my computer and buy MacAfee security. They took control of my computer and bent me over.

Be on the look out and don't be an idiot like me.

Can anyone shed any light why this came up on this site?

G

I've emailed Al Nipper. Thanks for the heads up. He will get to the bottom of this.

Every once in awhile google lets the bad guys through. We'd love to find another option but these days it's a reality.

The good news is that they almost always find the bad guys quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I restored my computer and it seems to be ok. Windows Defender is up working again. If I can stop payment at the bank the damages will be a wasted day.

Thanks
G

I panicked, if anyone else ever has stuff take over that they can't x out of go to task manager and stop it's running there.

G

That sucks G. Sorry to hear that. What anti-virus were you running?

I've clicked on a few of the ads but never saw the one you mentioned.

That sucks G. Sorry to hear that. What anti-virus were you running?

I've clicked on a few of the ads but never saw the one you mentioned.

windows defender, was and it has been reinstalled. I ran the defender and it said that I had no virus. The scam tool is more like an app that loads when you click and starts running.

G

The Russian beauty on the side right now looks to have spinal bifida.

I paid but being Saturday I may be able to stop payment on Tuesday. Any pictures of Svetlana?

G

Glad it worked out,I get a message saying I have toi wait 30 seconds until next post whenever I post but the the post goes on the thread just fine

George, was it ransomeware?
Sounds like it. Not much you can do about it. Either pay up or wipe your computer clean and start over. Many who do pay still don't get the incription codes. This is why it's very important to do a back up as often as possible. I feel sorry for the OP.

George, was it ransomeware?

No it required more gullibility on my part, it was just a tech scam. I clicked on the add below just like it says right now "Ransomeware Webcast >" but as I said when I clicked it said "One of your friends just blocked you, find out here >" and they loaded up their program.

They called back to make sure everything is working ok, I missed the call. They sent an e-mail invoice, that I'll miss too.

I snuck in behind an employee 3 minutes till and beat the criminals to the bank, cost me $15. They had access to my computer which doesn't have any info that most everyone already has, they did get 60,000 pictures of deer and trees.

I just needed affirmation to support my long standing belief not to trust Jim and Adam from Bombay.

G

No it required more gullibility on my part, it was just a tech scam. I clicked on the add below just like it says right now "Ransomeware Webcast >" but as I said when I clicked it said "One of your friends just blocked you, find out here >" and they loaded up their program.

They called back to make sure everything is working ok, I missed the call. They sent an e-mail invoice, that I'll miss too.

I snuck in behind an employee 3 minutes till and beat the criminals to the bank, cost me $15. They had access to my computer which doesn't have any info that most everyone already has, they did get 60,000 pictures of deer and trees.

I just needed affirmation to support my long standing belief not to trust Jim and Adam from Bombay.

G
Sounds like Ransomeware if they charged you to get you back up and running...

Oh no, they weren't criminals, they were/are sales and tech support men.

G
So you got hold of someone to help you fix the problem on your own or did the program load and then someone called you or gave you a link to contact to help get it resolved? I guess I am confused?

BTW - I think we all get different adds depending on what our browsing history is...mine says "Pay faster with Paypal" and has a link to sign up for paypal... I am never clicking a link to get to anything on a forum...

Ya, you click, they load and provide contact. In the mean time your computer flashes one doomsday alert after another that you can't x out of. You call and they fix, secure, and scan your check.

G

Ya, you click, they load and provide contact. In the mean time your computer flashes one doomsday alert after another that you can't x out of. You call and they fix, secure, and scan your check.

G
That is Ransomware George...

That is Ransomware George...

Oh.

BTW - I think we all get different adds depending on what our browsing history is...mine says "Pay faster with Paypal" and has a link to sign up for paypal... I am never clicking a link to get to anything on a forum...

I can't speak for massey but it was probably back in 1992 since I shopped for Russian beauties online.

G

Back