Put Location on Your Profile

wbpdeer

This forum will be a national forum with users from the north, south, east and west. We have Geo reporting from the Rockies in CO.

Please put your location on your profile. It just helps us understand the regional difference.

I put my hometown and state on mine. For those that don't want to be that specific put the region of the state and state - as an Example Middle TN or SE Ohio. Heck if you just put the state - it certainly helps others understand your growing season and winter coldness.

Great to see all the farm threads being placed on here. These make the forum much more enjoyable. ;)

I made a post on the matter but I will repeat here - if you can/will list your hardiness zone as well. It's very informative and can make a difference.

J-Bird
I have my location 7a on the signature that appears at the bottom of each of my post.

It will take some time but I believe we can improve the % that take advantage of these features.

Without a general idea of where a poster is, the information provided to you may not be worth the time it takes to type a response.

I don't need a guy from the SE US advising me on the best variety of clover to grow in central MN.

It probably takes all of 2 minutes to add your location to your profile.

Well I just joined Friday to bad QDMA decided to close but this seems like a nice place this is my first post and was wondering how you update your info and add an avatar.

At the top right portion of the screen you will see your username (mine is wbpdeer & yours is rich223)
If you will click on that you should see a drop down menu. Location is one of these and avatar is one of these.
Check it out and I think it is intuitive enough you will see the different options to set.

You can add a signature to each post and put your grow region and location. Look at my signature to see how I did that.

At the top right portion of the screen you will see your username (mine is wbpdeer & yours is rich223)
If you will click on that you should see a drop down menu. Location is one of these and avatar is one of these.
Check it out and I think it is intuitive enough you will see the different options to set.

You can add a signature to each post and put your grow region and location. Look at my signature to see how I did that.
thanks

Scatterlandsfarms - I am so glad to see you logged on.
Last night I did a member search for you and you had not arrived at that time.
Always glad to see a Chinese Chestnut grower on this forum. My answer to the other user was rather weak 'cause I did that four or five days ago. I have moved on to many other things since then.

Welcome - sure glad to see your handle on here man. Yee Haa:)

Last edited:
Scatterlandsfarms - It so glad to see you logged on.
Last night I did a member search for you and you had not arrived at that time.
Always glad to see a Chinese Chestnut grower on this forum. My answer to the other user was rather weak 'cause I did that four or five days ago. I have move on to many other things since then.

Welcome - sure glad to see your handle on here man. Yee Haa:)
I will probably be more active here than the QDMA board , and really like what I see so far

You can also type in your USDA zone with your location in your profile so it will show up under your avatar as well.

Wbpdeer...I lived in Portland for about a year back in about 2005...small world
You lived in Portland, TN for a year.

Were you here for one of our plants/factories? Yes it is a small world. My family moved here when I was 2 years old. I lived away from here for 6 years - 3 in college and the 3 years when I taught college in Waycross, GA. I moved back in 1979.

This is my home forever I would say. My two kids live here and my three grandkids live here.

Thanks for sharing that fact with me.

You lived in Portland, TN for a year.

Were you here for one of our plants/factories? Yes it is a small world. My family moved here when I was 2 years old. I lived away from here for 6 years - 3 in college and the 3 years when I taught college in Waycross, GA. I moved back in 1979.

This is my home forever I would say. My two kids live here and my three grandkids live here.

Thanks for sharing that fact with me.
Yes lived in Hendersonville first than Portland . I worked at the Dollar General headquarters in Goodlettsville in one of their IT departments.

Yes lived in Hendersonville first than Portland . I worked at the Dollar General headquarters in Goodlettsville in one of their IT departments.
Did you know a young man named Trent Napier that works at Dollar General HQTS at Rivergate. He is a Portland native. He may not have been employed there in 2005 timeframe. He is employed there currently.
So you are an IT Guy?

How to Include Location on your Username

This explanation will use 3 photos (print screens) to get message illustrated

In photo #1 you would have clicked on your username on the top right. Mine is wbpdeer and you see the drop down box with a red circle around Personal Details. That means select Personal Details.
Set Location 1.jpg

The second Photo shown below is what appears on the left side of the screen. I have drawn a blue circle around Personal Details which is first listing under the red label SETTINGS. Now remember this is the left side of the screen.

Set Location 2.jpg

The third photo is shown below and it concentrates on the right side of the screen. I have added a red arrow
pointing to the AVATAR. Mine is a Chinese Chestnut tree photo with my greenhouse in the background. You select the image you like for you. Let your personality and interest be shared & shown.
Down the page you will see a Blue Star beside the location field. Yes here is where you enter your location in so it shows below your avatar when you post. I added occupation to mine - that is my choice.

Set Location 3.jpg

I hope this three photo explanation helps you get location shown.
Good Luck to all.

Back