Reformat moultrie cam?

momark

I have a couple Moultrie cams(880i?) that I think I got the cards switched in them. At any rate,neither cam is taking any pics now so think I need to reformat them. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
Thanks, Mark

Well, I'm not sure. The cards aren't full. I think they just inadvertently got in the wrong cameras. Will this cause the cameras to stop taking pics? Do you know what I need to do?

So, are you saying to clean off all the cards and then reassign two to each camera and keep it that way from there on out? Is that all there is to it?

I have several 888i Moultries along with 880's, and even an M80 as well as some Brownings and a Bushnell Trophy Cam and I use the same cards in all of them without issue. They are mixed up in my pocket and I just grab the next one when changing cards. You may have a different problem....

Insert card into desktop computer, go to "my computer" find card ( my always shows up as drive (K)) . Right click on K(or what ever it is).Select "Format" ,left click, warning box will pop up saying you will lose all data on the card ,select OK. It will tell you when it is done,only a few seconds.

Insert card into desktop computer, go to "my computer" find card ( my always shows up as drive (K)) . Right click on K(or what ever it is).Select "Format" ,left click, warning box will pop up saying you will lose all data on the card ,select OK. It will tell you when it is done,only a few seconds.
So, will this work the same as if I format it in the camera?

I have several 888i Moultries along with 880's, and even an M80 as well as some Brownings and a Bushnell Trophy Cam and I use the same cards in all of them without issue. They are mixed up in my pocket and I just grab the next one when changing cards. You may have a different problem....
So, do you clear your cards everytime you change them out. I usually leave my pics on them, maybe that's why I had the problem.

So, do you clear your cards everytime you change them out. I usually leave my pics on them, maybe that's why I had the problem.
Yessir - I either view and clear them in the field with a small digital Kodak camera or if I see something I want to keep I download them into my laptop and have it delete after they are downloaded.

My cards would be full pretty quick if I didn't do this...

Yessir - I either view and clear them in the field with a small digital Kodak camera or if I see something I want to keep I download them into my laptop and have it delete after they are downloaded.

My cards would be full pretty quick if I didn't do this...
So I take it that keeping the cards "cleaned" off is the key to being able to use them interchangeably in the cameras?

So I take it that keeping the cards "cleaned" off is the key to being able to use them interchangeably in the cameras?
Sometimes I accidentally use a "dirty" card...just the other day I pulled a card on one of my M880i cams and the first several pics said "Bushnell" on them...oops...

Correct. Save any pictures you want off the cards into a file and then format the card every time. This cures a lot of issues.

Moultries a are at times a pain, they work great then suddenly throw you a tantrum. I've got quite a few of the cameras. Sometimes it helps to remove battery pack and hold power button then replace pack. Also do a update from moultrie from your computer, Either of these I have found will often reset problems. With that said, recent experience has made me give up on any new Moultries, just not the good inexpensive cameras I used to love. And cards do and can go bad needing replaced regardless. Good luck.

Back