ROPS lights on tractor....

DocHolladay

I installed the front light bar and rear spots soon after I bought the tractor. I added some small floods to the ends of my ROPS today to fill in the blind spots on the sides of the tractor. In the video, I say that the rear lights are spots and then call them floods later on. They are spots, I just miss spoke. If the link doesn't work, let me know.

Last edited:
Doc...Can't get your link to work.

I did a similar project recently on my JD 4066R. Worked out really well. Had a chance to try them out a few days ago. Great upgrade for minimal expense. Link to my video below:

I would tear those off with a tree limb in the first 15 minutes of a Brushhog job. Nothing on my ROP is safe...

I have to agree, heck my body is not even safe given the amount of hawthorne I have to cut into when hogging.

It should work now. I uploaded it to youtube. All of mine are under the ROPs except the 2 new ones and I couldn't get them to turn far enough to light what I wanted.

I installed the front light bar and rear spots soon after I bought the tractor. I added some small floods to the ends of my ROPS today to fill in the blind spots on the sides of the tractor. In the video, I say that the rear lights are spots and then call them floods later on. They are spots, I just miss spoke. If the link doesn't work, let me know.

Nice job on the lights!!! I like the ones to the side. I might have to make that addition.

Nice job on the lights!!! I like the ones to the side. I might have to make that addition.
They aren't needed all the time, but I have a couple of fields I cut that have rocks. Its nice to be able to see them and hopefully remember they are there on the next pass. I have cut well into the night on several occasions and it sure beats the heat of the day. It tends to still be humid, but you don't have the sun beating down on you. I would love to have a canopy, but I am scared I would pull it off or bust it with limbs.

I would tear those off with a tree limb in the first 15 minutes of a Brushhog job. Nothing on my ROP is safe...
I was gonna say the same thing. I had tail lights on the outside of my Farmtrac and they got bashed a lot. I thought about moving them to the inside of the ROPS, but I decided to get a new tractor instead
New Kabota on the way!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, looks great but I would have them beat to hell in no time. I bought magnetic lights for my car/equipment trailer. Best investment I ever made. I haven't had to re-wire a trailer in 15yrs (unless it's to help someone).

The others have been on there for 2 years now and going strong. I tried to mount these underneath with the others, but they wouldn't turn far enough to shine where I wanted. Once I got them out of the package, they weren't exactly the greatest light anyway. They may last 20 years, but I doubt it.

I'm with many of you folks.....my ROPS takes a beating. I considered adding lights to mine and still might, but I am going to have to find a way to protect them because I'm not going thru the trouble just to have them ripped off. They will have to go inside the ROPS and I will have to put some sort of stout cage or the like around them as well......I'm just hard on stuff!

Very valid points on ROPS taking a beating. I've got an open cab JD 2720 that I've used primarily for brush hogging that has taken a lot of abuse in the woods. When I decided to up-size to my 4066R, I really debated on getting a cab, and ultimately decided against it because of my brush and woods work in addition to the outrageous cost. After getting the tractor and getting beat up by the sun for a few days, decided to compromise and add the canopy shown in the video posted earlier. Having some shade it really nice, but you really have to be aware of it when in the woods. I mounted my lights under the canopy in front and inside the ROPS in the back. So far no damage, but time will tell. I got a chance to use the lights last week, and I've got to say they sure are helpful. I've got a grapple for my FEL and when that's attached, the factory front lights are pretty much useless...and the back lights are really nice as well...something I've never had on one of my tractors before.

I was a told that you don't need light to see in the neighbors field, just the work/driving area in front of you. I put a light bar on the front that will let me see 2 neighbors over and in front of me. I would rather have WAY to much than not enough. The back is another story. I just need to see the pto and what I have cut or disced. I added the side lights to see rocks. If you have ever been to middle tennessee, it is one big rock with a little soil on top.

Back