Serious injury with a crossbow

T.R.

I left my cocking rope in the SUV. But instead of walking back for it, I made a bad choice instead. I injured myself while cocking my Ten Point crossbow using my arm and back muscles. I've been to the ER three times and a Chiropractor twice. But no pain relief and the pain level became much worse. Finally, an MRI was performed, and I was told that I have a badly herniated disc. The pain is awful. I am hoping to see a neurosurgeon soon for shots in my back. Surgery is the last option and certainly not my first choice either.

My hunting for the remainder of the year is over because of a bad choice. - TR

Dang sorry to hear,I fell off my tailgate unloading habitat supplies and broke two ribs.Mine won't keep me from hunting though.Went and had my daughter give me xrays after 10 days.

Life is full of bad decisions, Lord knows I’ve made a few and I’m paying for them now. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Sorry to hear about the injury. I have back issues myself, so I can relate. Fortunately, I've been able to avoid surgery so far. I have a brother-in-law that had back surgery for a disc issue. He said he was like a new man afterward. He went from ongoing pain to relief. Several months after his recovery, he did something foolish, not with a crossbow, but the same idea of doing something he knew he shouldn't. He is dealing with the chronic pain again.

Thanks to all for your encouragement and kind words. I await a visit to a "Pain Dr." for epidural steroid shots into my back. Like Tom Petty sang, "The waiting is the hardest part." - TR

Back