String stopper

I tell everyone to experiment. I start with it touching the string, then make a gap away from the string like buckdeer said, make a gap of about 1/8", then push it out until it touches the string and then go just until you see the string lift. Shoot each position 3-5 times. You are going to have a couple of results. The bow will be quiet with minimal vibration or be quiet and pick up some vibration.One of the positions will be the quietest. If it is the one with a little vibration, Ill take it. If you have a chronograph, use it while making adjustments. You will be able to speed differences. Pushing on the string gave my bow almost 12fps compared to it barely touching.

I tell everyone to experiment. I start with it touching the string, then make a gap away from the string like buckdeer said, make a gap of about 1/8", then push it out until it touches the string and then go just until you see the string lift. Shoot each position 3-5 times. You are going to have a couple of results. The bow will be quiet with minimal vibration or be quiet and pick up some vibration.One of the positions will be the quietest. If it is the one with a little vibration, Ill take it. If you have a chronograph, use it while making adjustments. You will be able to speed differences. Pushing on the string gave my bow almost 12fps compared to it barely touching.

Wow, never even thought about messing with mine. Good info.

I have noticed that most bows like the string just barely sitting on the stop. I have shot a few that were quieter with the stop pushing on the string, but they picked up a little vibration. I don't mind a little vibration in my bow if the bow is quieter than it was with the factory settings. The deer can't hear the vibration in my hand..... I don't think..:cool:

Back