The Massey

Yeah, might not have been a glancing blow. It might have just bounced off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buried mine half in the ground and used the dirt I dug up to fill in around to top edge of tub.We watched as many as 8 deer drink out of it and 3 were bucks,this was during ML season but I have to fill every week.I have had deer standing in this old koy pond

Attachments

• forks-1.jpg
    forks-1.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 14
The weather is looking great for the foreseeable future here in SE Kansas, the cool has finally come! Thanksgiving week is my favorite when it comes to the whitetails woods, it's not even close. I've been seeing a LOT of deer on the Massey, including a couple shooters. More bucks should be rolling in as the number of unbred does continues to dwindle. I cannot hunt this evening, because of meetings, so I'm gonna sneak out after lunch and get a blind set up at the lower barn plot to marinate for a while before we give it a go.

Had a good one in front of me at the in-law's this morning. Decided not to shoot, but might regret it. I’ll be back in the stand tomorrow morning. Had all kinds of chasing; bucks were after 3 different does. I’m guessing I saw between 15-20 different bucks. It was so chaotic, I couldn’t tell which bucks were which. Only one possible shooter in the whole bunch I think. I finally had to sneak out at 11 to go to thanksgiving with my family.

If you shoot one on family ground, your immediate family is done for the rest of the season and the following season. I might have already explained that on here. Lots of hunters in the family and it’s a way to keep the pressure manageable. So…..it better be a GOOD one to loose an arrow.

If you shoot one on family ground, your immediate family is done for the rest of the season and the following season. I might have already explained that on here. Lots of hunters in the family and it’s a way to keep the pressure manageable. So…..it better be a GOOD one to loose an arrow.

Huh? Is that a family rule or a law?

That makes more sense, and is a pretty cool rule. Good luck getting the big one (and some rain).

Had another pretty special morning at the in-law's, saw lots of deer. I saw so many 100” 8s I couldn’t keep track of them. I did see the bigger 9 again and decided to pass him once again, I did have my bow in hand though.
IMG_2648.jpeg
I took my nephew to a blind we set up on the lower barn plot at the Massey this evening. After thanksgiving dinner, we ended up getting out pretty late and bumped a doe and fawn off the plot. They were bedded, so they might have been there a while. We didn’t see much in the plot, but the field was absolutely full of deer. At least 3 shooters were seen. Tomorrow afternoon is looking VERY optimistic, with cool temps, sun, and high pressure after this dreary (not complaining!) day.
72264170924__D6950E0B-C5EC-4620-B963-98467C7A19DD.jpeg
Last night, after thanksgiving at my folks, I got to go sit with my Dad in a tree. We saw 5 does and 5 bucks at his little honeyhole. It was a lot of fun.
IMG_2644.jpeg

No shots last night, but I did see 2 shooters out of range in our field north of the lower barn plot. Dawna and I have never been able to successfully hunt the lower barn plot. Not for lack of a good setup, it's tailor-made for a blind with an east wind; but the problem has been deer coming to it in daylight. It seems this year we've finally broken through. I think the neighboring ground finally coming out of WIHA had something to do with it, the pressure on the deer in our neighborhood has dropped drastically for the time being, and I hope it stays that way! Other than that, I'm not sure why the deer feel more comfortable in daylight below the barn than years past. They feel VERY comfortable down there other times of year, and we try to hunt smart. Anyway, I'm hoping this trend continues. I will say, the only way to get out of the blind without busting deer is to be picked up by vehicle. I'm hoping that won't have a detrimental effect. We're going to have several days of east wind it looks like, so one of us will back in there tomorrow I'm guessing.
IMG_2669.jpeg

Back