Under Armour drops sponsorship for LEGAL hunting!

CAS_HNTR

Just FYI........UA has dropped the Bowmar pair from sponsorship due to the complaints of anti-hunters, HSUS, PETA, etc based on a video of a bear hunt from last spring in which the guy LEGALLY killed a bear with a spear in Alberta.

If you are looking into getting new clothing or know anyone that is.....I would ask that you and your friends/family steer clear of companies that chose to not support their client base and cave to demands of people who aim to end all hunting.

My 2 cents.

I agree...many years ago Jeep did the same thing but it was before it was attached to Chrysler so I am not sure of their position now.

I do my best not to financially support businesses and entertainers that directly oppose my political views, primarily in regards to 2nd amendment and hunting/fishing issues. Mu $.02 worth.

I think hunter's should stand up and start a counter petition against Under Armour for not supporting their sponsored legal hunter's as they are. I bought a new under armour camo coat and pants last year that will now be replaced this year. I just read an article that they were dropping Eva Shockey as well as many others. I bet if hunter's stood up their camo line would be gone within a year. That is what it is going to take to defeat these anti's from getting their way all of the time and influencing products and the media. My .02 which is worth a penny.

That's too bad for them. They seem to have pretty good gear. It amazes me how companies are still allowing themselves to be blackmailed by a dozen busy bodies claiming to voice the will of the people. It's probably a team of six people operating off a handful of gigantic donations from Gates, Soros, and Buffet. Yet they claim to be the voice of the people. What a crock.

If they cave, they deserve to crumble.

I never got into the under armor clothing craze. Some friends of mine own a ton of their gear and clothes.

It sounds like UA corporate management is a bunch of cowards....

Let's see if the big money people within the UA hunting team stand up. I think that is the big question. If folks like the Drury's and Lakosky's were to stand up against UA on this matter it would open some eyes.

That is the problem with the Anti's if we let them get a foot in the door they will kick the damn thing open real quick. It is scary for places like Illinois as Chicago dictates all of our laws and money is the only thing that talks in that town. 3/4 of the state is rural america but one city dictates everything. Also, the reason the state is broke and is one of the most pitiful states in the union.

I have a couple of UA sweatshirts. I wear them because they are comfortable not cause somebody "famous" wears them. Just because they fired a talking head to please the most vocal portion of their customer base doesn't really make them anti hunting just a fortune 500 company. The beauty of the USA you can blow your money on whatever you want, if you don't agree with the decision pick another $70 sweatshirt! Watch the video, you would think some common sense would tell a guy "this will piss off the majority of nonhunting viewers" before putting it on YouTube. The guys celebration after the throw made me uncomfortable, and I have killed a lot of stuff in my day. Again it is a guy's God given right to piss off whoever you want, just don't expect main stream companies to pay you to do it!

I have a couple of UA sweatshirts. I wear them because they are comfortable not cause somebody "famous" wears them. Just because they fired a talking head to please the most vocal portion of their customer base doesn't really make them anti hunting just a fortune 500 company. The beauty of the USA you can blow your money on whatever you want, if you don't agree with the decision pick another $70 sweatshirt! Watch the video, you would think some common sense would tell a guy "this will piss off the majority of nonhunting viewers" before putting it on YouTube. The guys celebration after the throw made me uncomfortable, and I have killed a lot of stuff in my day. Again it is a guy's God given right to piss off whoever you want, just don't expect main stream companies to pay you to do it!

Yeah... This video was clearly going to piss off someone. Posting that video is like the videos of guys shooting pigs from a helicopter with an AR. Some videos do nothing to help our cause while providing some serious ammunition to the "anti's." If it is legal I am all for it. That doesn't mean that it is always a good idea to put it on Youtube...

Good points. You also have to remember, everyone has their own line in the sand. This guy crossed UA's line. You can be pro-hunting and still not like or support glory hounds posting videos celebrating killing something. I love to hunt and watch good hunting videos, but common sense should have told this guy to watch this video with his wife and friends, not post it to the whole world.

Common sense however is not so common anymore,

Scent Blocker is running a promo on their website saying "We support legal hunting." With promo code "wedo50" everything is half off. I just posted another thread about it. Wonder if it's related.......

This is one of the biggest issues I see with hunters today, we allow ourselves to be separated, when the antis stand united. Maybe spear hunting is not yours or mine way of hunting but we shouldn't have to live our life's in the closet un able to share out hobby. These people don't intend to stop with 1 sport. They won't be happy till they eliminate all hunting. Standing by letting them chip away at the edges is only going to hurt us in the long run.

The most dissapointing thing is I highly doubt these people are part of UAs customer base, the women who started the petition is a vegetarian professional activist. The same kind of person who under any other circumstance would be writing letters to a company for cutting ties with a woman because something here husband did.
I am positive UA will feel the effects, the counter petition already has 5000+ signitures. Can I afford to throw away all my UA gear, unfortunately no, but they won't be getting money from me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is one of the biggest issues I see with hunters today, we allow ourselves to be separated, when the antis stand united. Maybe spear hunting is not yours or mine way of hunting but we shouldn't have to live our life's in the closet un able to share out hobby. These people don't intend to stop with 1 sport. They won't be happy till they eliminate all hunting. Standing by letting them chip away at the edges is only going to hurt us in the long run.

The most dissapointing thing is I highly doubt these people are part of UAs customer base, the women who started the petition is a vegetarian professional activist. The same kind of person who under any other circumstance would be writing letters to a company for cutting ties with a woman because something here husband did.
I am positive UA will feel the effects, the counter petition already has 5000+ signitures. Can I afford to throw away all my UA gear, unfortunately no, but they won't be getting money from me.

This is the problem......its a slippery slope. Alot like gun control, registration, etc. It starts with the fringe issues, but once their is a foothold, its too late.

Although its not my cup of tea.....I wont support a company that caves to a bunch of people with their panties in a wad for something they know nothing about.

I support all legal forms of hunting, fishing and any other outdoor activity. But I agree with some of the others here, we either stand together or we die on the ideaologies of what others deem appropriate. Hunting deer with dogs is certainly not my thing but if it's legal than who am I to criticize and I will support them in their rights to pursue deer as they choose. UA wants to drop them fine that's their right but I can assure you if they fold this easliy than they never really supported sportsman. They are only in it if they can make a buck selling camo clothes to hunters. Pi$$ on UA and their spineless backsliding under political pressure and yet another reason I hate politics. I have some of their clothing but my kids have tons of it. I can assure you I'll be spending my money else where.

Ponder this. How often do we(hunters) complain that hunting shows these days are little more than 30 minute infomercials for sponsor products? We tire of all the end zone dances, and trademark celebrations("smoked him", "BBD", etc) and the pushing of, heaven forbid, "BOB" seeds. We encourage purchasing coop seed and not falling for "commercialization" and gimmick products. What do we do? We make fun of all of the "celebrity" hunters, swear off all seed with a picture on the front of the bag, and brag that we don't watch the outdoor channel anymore because of how the programs are staged, distasteful, and do not reflect "real world" hunting.
Why would we then ostracize UA because they don't want to be associated with this particular "celebrity/youtube hunter"? I support everyone's right to hunt in an ethical/legal way, but I don't want to be associated with every hunter with a TV show or Youtube channel because some of them are poor representatives of hunting. Under Armour has the right to feel the same way.

It is not that UA dumped celebrity hunters that is the issue. It is why they dumped celebrity hunters. They allowed anti-hunters to dictate their decisions. I am not a huge fan of celebrity hunters either but I will say this, if it wasn't for someone pushing the vendors products there would be no products. In turn "Us" hunters would have no grunt tube, turkey calls, scent killer sprays, tree stands, commercial bows, guns, scents, or any other gadget that we take to the woods with us. Now do some of these guys/gals push products that they probably don't use? I would guess so, but I personally do not know any of them.

The people I know actually use and believe in the products that they push or they wouldn't have them in their back pack. If anyone thinks these folks are getting rich from pushing products you are mistaken. Just because you get a hunt edited for TV does not mean you are getting a big pay check. Now it does open doors that would not be open for the average hunter though. The few guys that I know that have a TV show are hard working guys that live in humble homes and work their tails off to make ends meet like most of us. One of the guys I am friends with actually works 3 jobs on top of filming his own hunts for the TV show and he isn't one of those guys that uses the pressure of getting a kill for TV to kill the first buck that walks by him. He kills only mature bucks and doe and the mature buck will be a target buck that if he doesn't get a crack at the buck he is after he eats a tag and doesn't make an episode for the show that year.

All I ask is that everyone keeps an open mind and realizes that every chance an anti gets a foot in the door it will lead to getting the whole leg in the door and eventually they kick the damn door down. We have to band together and keep them out just as we would an intruder into our homes. Now do I think hunter's should be out chucking spears at critters, NO. Did the guy act like an idiot? Absolutely. I will say this though, the day I no longer get excited about one of my kills that I legally harvested is the day that I quit hunting.

It is not that UA dumped celebrity hunters that is the issue. It is why they dumped celebrity hunters. They allowed anti-hunters to dictate their decisions. I am not a huge fan of celebrity hunters either but I will say this, if it wasn't for someone pushing the vendors products there would be no products. In turn "Us" hunters would have no grunt tube, turkey calls, scent killer sprays, tree stands, commercial bows, guns, scents, or any other gadget that we take to the woods with us. Now do some of these guys/gals push products that they probably don't use? I would guess so, but I personally do not know any of them.

The people I know actually use and believe in the products that they push or they wouldn't have them in their back pack. If anyone thinks these folks are getting rich from pushing products you are mistaken. Just because you get a hunt edited for TV does not mean you are getting a big pay check. Now it does open doors that would not be open for the average hunter though. The few guys that I know that have a TV show are hard working guys that live in humble homes and work their tails off to make ends meet like most of us. One of the guys I am friends with actually works 3 jobs on top of filming his own hunts for the TV show and he isn't one of those guys that uses the pressure of getting a kill for TV to kill the first buck that walks by him. He kills only mature bucks and doe and the mature buck will be a target buck that if he doesn't get a crack at the buck he is after he eats a tag and doesn't make an episode for the show that year.

All I ask is that everyone keeps an open mind and realizes that every chance an anti gets a foot in the door it will lead to getting the whole leg in the door and eventually they kick the damn door down. We have to band together and keep them out just as we would an intruder into our homes. Now do I think hunter's should be out chucking spears at critters, NO. Did the guy act like an idiot? Absolutely. I will say this though, the day I no longer get excited about one of my kills that I legally harvested is the day that I quit hunting.
Your last line wraps up my feelings, I didn't feel his "celebration" was that outrageous. Sure he is a grown man but think back to your first bow or gun kill, how excited you were. I took my first bear last year and I was extatic, all the time and effort put in rewarded with sucess. Then it all gets amped up by what he actually did! He speared a huge bear at 12 yards with nothing but a little tree in between them. Your not alive if your heart isn't beating out of your chest. I guess maybe I am a different animal, I thoroughly enjoy seeing the excitement someone has doing the things they love and work hard for.

Back