Which County in Maryland has both whitetail and sika deer?

Dads Son

I'm very interested in buying some hunting land in Maryland with both whitetail and sika deer. Which County should I start looking at? Are there any realtors that you would recommend or where is the best place to start searching for a property?

I'm very interested in buying some hunting land in Maryland with both whitetail and sika deer. Which County should I start looking at? Are there any realtors that you would recommend or where is the best place to start searching for a property?
I have seen sika in Dorchester county. Check out some of the Chesapeake Forest properties that are now public hunting spots to get a feel for habitat. When I have been on the eastern shore i have found the recreational fishing boat captains to be helpful sources of local info and sometimes they guide waterfowl in the winter and know lots of farmers. From the little I have seen you are looking for mixed ag and wetland to include sika. Turkeys and waterfowl could be part of the habitat evaluation since you will be in great country for both. Good luck and let me know if you ever need someone to help hunt the place
Link below is what I was able ot find with a quick internet search - no personal first hand experience.

http://dnr2.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/plants_wildlife/SikaDeer.aspx

Back