7.62x39 deer bullets

I’ve never shot a deer with a 7.62x39 but I’ve killed a few hogs with one of mine. Hornady used to load them with a plastic tipped bullet, but I can’t find them now. I found them at Cabelas once and bought five boxes I think, still have a good many. Russian loads under the Silver Bear name is what I’ve mainly used. The cartridge itself has 30-30 Winchester ballistics so find a comparable load and you’ll be fine. Soft points may be hard to find so if you find them, buy several boxes.

My USAF buddy lives near Manassas, Virginia where doe tags are virtually unlimited. He hunts with a CZ carbine and shoots 123 grain soft tip ammo by Winchester. Good lethal bullet performance. He kills about 7 or 8 does per year and donates to the local food bank. - TR

I'd look to load the Nosler Ballistic tips or the E-Tips.

There's also loaded ammo, but not currently available. If it's going to be available, I'd guess it would be soon. Set alerts on the Nosler, Winchester Deer Season XP and Remington Core-lokt.

Sitting in the swamp with the AR this morning. Sighted in with the Fort Scott 117 gr TUI ammo, curious about this all copper tumbler will do on deer and pigs. We’ll see. IMG_2539.jpeg

Sitting in the swamp with the AR this morning. Sighted in with the Fort Scott 117 gr TUI ammo, curious about this all copper tumbler will do on deer and pigs. We’ll see. View attachment 27002

I can tell you from experience TUL works great on pigs. Don’t know about deer.

3f35d03f2a37fe83718df980a222859a.jpg

c88d98ff5c581e6c71e7cf135a86b941.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No deer or pig kill with the TUI ammo but did try it out around noon yesterday on an armadillo. Facing me shot at 60 yards, I’d say it tumbled? IMG_2548.jpegSassy the “dillo dog” on point.

Back