Geo in Co

They just dumped the cows off into Tank's woods.

View attachment 13612

View attachment 13613

View attachment 13614

View attachment 13615

View attachment 13616

There are lots of friendly bulls in this herd.

View attachment 13617

G
My 34# 13 yo Australian Sheppard knows to come around and nip their heals to get them going where she wants and can back peddle faster than you can catch her. Problem is she's only good for 30 min anymore and heads back to car. Maybe she can give Tank a couple lessons when you move East. Bit of a size diff.

That's the last straw - if they are going to dump off cows in Tank's woods, you are going to have to find him another woods - back East.......

You live well George! A sellers market on your end and a buyers market on the other sounds like another home run for you. Good luck in your property searches; it sounds like a great time to make the move.

Congrats! Is that the rough Kentucky property that you checked out first or another one I’m forgetting about?

I went back and kicked the tires on that 1952 Ford, made an offer this morning, and accepted the counter that came in a little while ago, $975/acre.

G
Congrats on the new acquisition and welcome to Kentucky! Can’t wait to see what you do with the place.

Great news Geo! Always felt like you were more of a land manager / whitetail guy anyway. Gonna be fun following along as you begin a new journey on a blank canvas.

Thanks guys. Cutman, this is the sh*thole where I got chiggered a few weeks back. I will come up with a better name. It is a rough property, a little bit of area on the bottom at 850 foot elevation up to 1150'. The top where I will put food plots is covered with mostly junk, maple. Nice oaks not logged are mostly scattered. But I found a bunch of nice oaks, white and chestnut, on the ridge above the house which pretty much sold me on the place. The rustic, authentic log cabin and it's contents will go in a dumpster. There is a camper and a barn full junk to sort and discard. I have made a living by cleaning up sh*t holes. This one is on par with what I found in Grass Lake MI and Keosauqua IA. We found zero deer sign on our walk of the property, we looked at about half of the property.

G

Thanks guys. Cutman, this is the sh*thole where I got chiggered a few weeks back. I will come up with a better name. It is a rough property, a little bit of area on the bottom at 850 foot elevation up to 1150'. The top where I will put food plots is covered with mostly junk, maple. Nice oaks not logged are mostly scattered. But I found a bunch of nice oaks, white and chestnut, on the ridge above the house which pretty much sold me on the place. The rustic, authentic log cabin and it's contents will go in a dumpster. There is a camper and a barn full junk to sort and discard. I have made a living by cleaning up sh*t holes. This one is on par with what I found in Grass Lake MI and Keosauqua IA. We found zero deer sign on our walk of the property, we looked at about half of the property.

G
The kudzu field is what enabled me to buy my last farm. Think people were scared of it. Cleaned that up and made a good return. Need to find me another sub $1k per acre place...Like the way you work!

The kudzu field is what enabled me to buy my last farm. Think people were scared of it. Cleaned that up and made a good return. Need to find me another sub $1k per acre place...Like the way you work!

I know it, that authentic, rustic log cabin had people running for their lives. The real estate man called me a week ago to see if I ever made it to the property, what I thought, and to tell me about all of the hunters that he was showing the place to. I thought to myself, show away.

G

Congrats G...sounds about like our place when we got it and the price you got is great!

Are you going to hunt in Colorado at all this year?

Congrats on the new place! Look forward to following the progress.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, Okie I have a five day bull elk followed by a 9 day buck mule deer rifle starting on oct 13th.

G

Congrats G on your land purchase. You are now close enough to go vacationing on Cumberland at 76 Falls. You might even catch a big German Carp or two!

Back