Quapaw Meadows (My 160 Acres)...

It is a rush to see those seeds germinate and pop the soil. Maybe just enough storm rain to give them a drink without a dunk. Good luck with tree from 14. My 2013 planted pears are producing some fruit but anyone's guess on characteristics

Looking forward to the rain...not getting my hopes up but the keep mentioning 2-4" with some areas possibly 5"....been a long time since I have seen our creek run and the pond at home 10 has not been this low since it was starting to fill back in 1972 when it was dug...

Hope you see a good soaker
And good luck with the turkeys!

For the first time in 6 years there has been good rainfall in my location. I will enjoy seeing growth, fruit and nuts. I hope you finally got some good rain!

Looking forward to the rain...not getting my hopes up but the keep mentioning 2-4" with some areas possibly 5"....been a long time since I have seen our creek run and the pond at home 10 has not been this low since it was starting to fill back in 1972 when it was dug...

Hope you see a good soaker
And good luck with the turkeys!
wasn't your creek running just 2 years ago when Heather and I came up and stayed at Tenkiller? I remember everything flooded around the area.

wasn't your creek running just 2 years ago when Heather and I came up and stayed at Tenkiller? I remember everything flooded around the area.
That is sad that the last time the creek through our place ran was 2015...I am hoping to get some pictures of it if it happens again...

2015 was the huge year for rain for Oklahoma. 2016 started decent until about March and then the spigot shutoff and has been that way since...

Your rain is headed my way! I have a 100% chance on Friday and Saturday. I hope you got soaked!

Doc, we are covered with rain today. PS: Got the persimmon grafting done yesterday.
For some reason majority of my persimmons are still dormant. I am betting this rain we received yesterday will get them all leafed out and ready to graft. Got some special scions that brushpile sent me so I am anxious to get some persimmon grafting done. Keep me informed on my Okie persimmons.

todd

Dogdoc, I noticed when I just planted all my trees last week that my 3 persimmon were very dormant. All the apples and pears were starting to bud. I was really hopin the Persimmons weren't dead. Glad to hear they are dormant for you and hopefully they are waking up soon!

For some reason majority of my persimmons are still dormant. I am betting this rain we received yesterday will get them all leafed out and ready to graft. Got some special scions that brushpile sent me so I am anxious to get some persimmon grafting done. Keep me informed on my Okie persimmons.

todd

The ones at my farm are leafing out but the ones at my home in the fence row are still dormant. I will keep you posted on how the grafting goes. My apple and pear grafting seems to already be very successful, so hopefully persimmons will be too,

Been a very good day for rain. From 4am to 5pm today I have received 2.38" of rain. What a perfect day!

feeling blessed
todd
Glad you got the rain. 5 inches here with more heavy for today. I've had enough. Got trapped by lighting storm yesterday while turkey hunting on the ridge. Wasn't real thrilled of crossing open fields with gun in hand.

Dogdoc, I noticed when I just planted all my trees last week that my 3 persimmon were very dormant. All the apples and pears were starting to bud. I was really hopin the Persimmons weren't dead. Glad to hear they are dormant for you and hopefully they are waking up soon!
Persimmons are always the last tree to come out of dormancy at my place. However, that, IMO, is why a persimmon is the ultimate wildlife fruit tree. I never have to worry about a late freeze with persimmons.

Well this gives me some hope, I have some persimmons planted in February that have leafed out but some that were planted a month ago have yet to leaf out at all. I figured the new ones were dead, hopefully they're just slower to wake up. Maybe this wonderful rain we've gotten will give them a boost. Hopefully Oklahoma will have a much wetter year than they are predicting!

Persimmons I planted as bare root 2 weeks ago are leafing out...I got them from the State Nursery...

I will have to check on the native ones at Home 10 this evening...

Back