"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Did anyone say rocks... backyard rock plot
wink.gif

Attached Images
attachment.php

Here is the expansion area of our south plot with Radishes, PTT, WR, and Barduro Red clover just getting started last year in September.
Attached Images
attachment.php

One of my shortleaf pines rubbed last September in our south plot.
Attached Images
attachment.php

And a small tree that was growing in my pond that a buck rubbed...
Attached Images
attachment.php

This is the stand that has been on the west side of our clover plot since August 2014. The entire west and south side of our plot is a white oak grove so we have multiple attractions all around...
Attached Images
attachment.php

And here is the stand on the east side with bowshots to new expansion, pond, and original clover plot as well as some red oaks behind me...
Attached Images
attachment.php

A buck I called "Brows" and the one in the front is "Laid Back 9"...
Attached Images
attachment.php

Last September I hung this stand and a little story with it...

"This stand I had got hung and was standing in it cutting a big hickory limb and my luck didn't hold. The limb swung down and rolled the ladder over and I barely hung on. I ended up climbing down the ladder from the underside..."
Attached Images
attachment.php

This is an arrowhead I found in the original plot here on Whitetail Hollow after I disked part of it... Made me think of my Cherokee ancestors bowhunting this same property in times gone by and brings a smile to my face
smile.gif

Attached Images
attachment.php

Found the small one behind our house in rock plot and found the bigger one in our plot expansion. They are both absolutely perfect!
Attached Images
attachment.php

At the bottom of our back yard I threw out some turnip seeds before work one morning when I knew rain was coming last September. Turnips did great down there...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I tossed a bunch of rye grain down a few days later and got good germination... I had also overseeded a lot of Durana White and Barduro red into "Rock Plot" and I threw some more turnip seeds on it... this soil up here will grow anything if you can get a root to take hold before it washes away...
Attached Images
attachment.php

Early October comes to Whitetail Hollow

Backyard does and fawns...
Attached Images
attachment.php

A good picture of a 9 pointer I passed last fall on numerous occasions...Glad I did because he is a much better 10 pointer now...
Attached Images
attachment.php

Excerpt from my live from the stand hunts last fall...

"Sitting here on stand in whitetail hollow. White oak acorns falling with regularity. 6:55 am heard one of my feeders go off about 250 yards from me. 7:00 am heard my neighbors feeder just across our fence go off. 7:15 am looked over my right shoulder and saw a buck, 2 1/2 yr old passed in easy range headed toward neighbors. Heard a crash about 7:30 direction he went then heard an atv over there. Neighbors on 2 other sides shot rifle. 1 @ 7:39 and other one at 8:02...

In other words everything is exactly like last year but on the bright side no dogs this morning!

Just now had 2 more rifle shots from other neighbors...

It's bow season folks!"

"Cam pull from this week shows some new bucks, mostly 2.5 to 3.5... Only buck MIA since the 6th is the most mature one...laid back 9..."

Last fall the hunting started out fairly slow. Did see several deer but none we wanted to take with bow so on 10/16/2015 I asked my grandson Eli where he wanted to hunt for the opening day of youth rifle season and he said he wanted to hunt "Home 10" which is our property we have owned many years and still own even though now it is "Home 34" with some additional inheritance after my father passed away in April 2015.

Eli made a great shot on this nice doe that day. His 3rd deer ever at 10 yrs of age...
He shot it and then he trailed it up the whole 30 yards it ran
biggrin.gif
This picture is exactly where it fell on Home 10...
Attached Images
attachment.php

Back