"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Awesome buck and a great story. There is nothing like those sleepless nights. I'm continually amazed at the quality of the deer in your area. It's like they area different species.

While you're out shooting monster bucks I'm chasing opossums on the half shell. Small victories...
889d0ed4a49fa53d52762995b35abc31.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well the state seedling order form is up. I see Loblolly's, and Sawtooth's. I'll probably just go with one order of persimmons this year. Have too much going on to plant a bunch of trees in our rocks.
Thanks for the info...I plan to plant a bunch of trees in the rocks this spring ;)

Kubota, man your place looks rough. Hopefully the weather liars don't let you down again with the rain we are supposed to get tomorrow.
Well, we are down to a 40% chance late tonight and I threw the last seed I am going to waste this year up here on our 80...Red clover is expensive :(

Home 10 is going to have to fend for itself...

Decent rainfall for you, good deal. I managed just under an inch...we still need quite a bit more though.
I agree, need a lot more rain to get this drought under control...I looked at the real long range forecast on accuweather and if you like hot and dry then the rest of October will be great for you but if you are like me then not so much...

Awesome buck and a great story. There is nothing like those sleepless nights. I'm continually amazed at the quality of the deer in your area. It's like they area different species.

Thank you. I love hunting and owning land in big blocks of timber. It keeps the deer safe from the roadhunters and the long range sniper field sitter folks. When you see the deer in our area it's going to be close and easy to spook...if the wind doesn't get you before they even show up...allows them to get some age...

While you're out shooting monster bucks I'm chasing opossums on the half shell. Small victories...
889d0ed4a49fa53d52762995b35abc31.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I find it amazing you can somehow entice them into a live trap...great job!
I find it's easier making them into fertilizer by leaving them where they fall

I have left a many like that but the ones I am dealing with are doing all of their damage outside of normal business hours...
This guy was tricky. I generally shoot on sight too, but this one never came out in view. I had to use a trail camera to pattern him and then make my sets in the appropriate locations.
Amazing!

I have been busy, so I just noticed this. Way to go Okie!!! :)
If you read the story you would know the evening I shot this buck I was sure wishing you and Elkie were there but then the next day I found out the buck only traveled 40 yards total so it would have been a real short tracking job ;)

Last edited:
We have an outhouse there which includes a shower that heats the water using propane and deep cycle batteries to run the pump that pumps out of a tote.

Can you take some pics of the shower and describe it a bit in detail?

Congrats on the buck, Johnny. It will take a long time to recover from that drought.

Congrats on the buck, Johnny. It will take a long time to recover from that drought.

Thank you Doug. I appreciate it...

On the drought it will take much more than 1/2" here and 1" there to pull out of it. The long range doesn't look promising for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back