"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Party time!!! Eli is 11 today!

01c862813884fa9afe6be98e82e7a62f.jpg

7e397dd330b8bef99eff14a3861e5bff.jpg

d4c7b1a26a75f735f7250e5643b01e77.jpg

66126167590a5e3963b6ff7f0adfd6c3.jpg

ca7233147201b3b1a3ca9c20396d0bcf.jpg

2398e94da800b3e9db370090deea2dd4.jpg

3e8acc1482d338b995eeaab0afa82307.jpg

abff4f8a24912541b4a26c134b637ea3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great time at the party. Hard to beat BWW.

Imagine you are in some heavy fog right now if you are hunting
We had a great time. First time I have ever eaten at a BWW. They built a new one in Tahlequah...

No fog where I am down here on our deer lease because we got no rain here. I suppose it is really foggy at home...

You guys seeing any buck activity? Out west it's almost non existent. Talked to other hunters out here and they all say the same. Does with zero bucks chasing or even near! We need cooler weather! I wouldn't want to chase either when it's 90 degrees!

You guys seeing any buck activity? Out west it's almost non existent. Talked to other hunters out here and they all say the same. Does with zero bucks chasing or even near! We need cooler weather! I wouldn't want to chase either when it's 90 degrees!

No chasing whatsoever in Central Oklahoma. Buck movement is very low. Even my game cam pics are way down. Heat sure not helping. Acorns are dropping so bucks are staying deep in cover.

No chasing whatsoever in Central Oklahoma. Buck movement is very low. Even my game cam pics are way down. Heat sure not helping. Acorns are dropping so bucks are staying deep in cover.

Yeah, my cameras went from 200 to 300 pics a week to 50 a week. Happens every October! It'll get better soon!

Not much moving in Adair/Muskogee/Hughes county. I have noticed a big change in the patterns over the last two weeks, they must know it's hunting season!

Not much moving in Adair/Muskogee/Hughes county. I have noticed a big change in the patterns over the last two weeks, they must know it's hunting season!
I call it October lull...Happens every year but this year with the record high temps it happened a little later than normal...usually cooler weather has them on their feet this time of year and our usual muzzleloader season might give you the chance at the biggest buck of your entire hunting season at any time during that week...it's all in how the pre-rut schedule works...

Our 9 day Muzzleloader season came to an end yesterday with the absolute warmest temperatures I can ever remember for the end of October. The opening day had more normal temps and we saw some bucks trying to chase on our deer leaser but the does were having none of it. Due to the incessant south wind I hunted our deer lease most of the week and only did 4 sits on our property at home. 3 of my 4 sits on the home property were screwed up by dogs running deer and all were in the evening about 6:00 PM. My one morning hunt I had to be so cautious of the south wind I put myself in a stand that has very little deer activity just to keep from blowing the deer out of the property but I guess I didn't have to worry about that after the pack of 3 muts that seem to travel to every food source on our property to try to hit the trail of a deer and run them out of the county :mad:

Yesterday evening was the worse because I was watching the wind direction forecast and we finally got a N/NW wind come in with a mini cold front. It hit our area about 3:00 PM and I headed to a stand I have been dying to hunt since October 1st but we have never had a N wind on a day I was off to hunt it. I got to the area and the place was just torn up with scrapes and rubs. I killed the first buck I ever shot on our place from this stand and he was a good one and had some missed opportunities on other bruisers from it.

I settled in with a perfect wind and no sounds of hammering or chainsawing right across my fence like had happened the other 2 evenings as well as the dogs running. Everything was set for perfect for the final evening of muzzleloader season until almost right at 6:00 PM when I heard the first dog yip to my east :( They made a big loop from the NE corner of our property all the way the length of our 80 on the east side and then made a U-turn and ran all the way back through the west side to where I was and a big doe blasted by with 3 dogs on her tail and they continued right on through the sanctuary bedding area...I sat till dark after that with no sightings whatsoever of anything...This seems to happen on a daily basis and I have no idea who owns these dogs or if anyone does because I saw no collars. I guess I may try to catch them and take them to the pound but they are really spooky and if they see me they run...really trying my patience because I see no way to hunt our place until I get a handle on this...:confused:

Back