Geo in Co

You hate snow, 8,000' is definitely not for you.

View attachment 5185

As far as neighbors go, I have lived my whole life in isolation from neighbors so this is new to me. So far I have found my neighbors to be good, conservative, live and let live types. No criminal poachers, no dogs running all over me, no constant rifle shots during bow season. Heck, I haven't even had a single neighbor come over armed looking for a gun fight as I was welcomed in Iowa. I'm finding good neighbors to be acceptable. Besides, half of my neighbors live in Texas.

I wrote the flower comment to get a rise out of you. I'm not sure why it went over your head, you are the one that has been talking about Colorado flowers ever since I bought this place.

Thanks DP, I bought a less expensive home in a desired hood of more expensive homes. I approached this from an investment stand point. Any money or effort to improve this house will be rewarded. Right now I have a five year plan for tax purposes. Values are up about 20% since I bought.

G

Skis are waxed and I'll be in ur driveway in 24 hours. Save me a flower. Seriously loved the dog in truck pic. He's spoiled I can tell. Merry Christmas friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep 8000' is not for me to live in. Visit yes, live no... haven't liked snow in about 30 years. Loved it as a kid but now not so much...

Couldn't see neighbors from last house and can't see any from here either. I will accept the trials and tribulations of property ownership to be able to have great days afield with my grandsons like I did this morning. Eli and I had a great time and he made meat this morning and this eve will be my turn. Going to get a nice doe for the freezer with my rifle...or .44 revolver...

Still have till the 15th of January to Bowhunt either sex and we have a few dandy' s left to chase...

Is the flower shop where folks buy recreational weed?

That is why it went over my head because I never figured it would be a flower shop... I pictured a vending machine or a smoke shop...

Skis are waxed and I'll be in ur driveway in 24 hours. Save me a flower. Seriously loved the dog in truck pic. He's spoiled I can tell. Merry Christmas friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dogghr. Check out plane fare to Albuquerque. Happy Holidays.

Yep 8000' is not for me to live in. Visit yes, live no... haven't liked snow in about 30 years. Loved it as a kid but now not so much...

Couldn't see neighbors from last house and can't see any from here either. I will accept the trials and tribulations of property ownership to be able to have great days afield with my grandsons like I did this morning. Eli and I had a great time and he made meat this morning and this eve will be my turn. Going to get a nice doe for the freezer with my rifle...or .44 revolver...

Still have till the 15th of January to Bowhunt either sex and we have a few dandy' s left to chase...

Is the flower shop where folks buy recreational weed?

That is why it went over my head because I never figured it would be a flower shop... I pictured a vending machine or a smoke shop...

Having family would keep me planted too.

Good luck on the hunt.

Flower shops/dope stores are springing up like weeds around here.

G

That's what Christmas should look like G. Winter Wonderland for you and Hank to explore....

DSC07305 (1200 x 900).jpg

The snow off of the beaten path is about nut deep so exploration has become a bit more arduous.

Pretty cool having a former mid-western guy posting pics from CO. Enjoying the ride-along Geo!

Thanks TC.

I spent the day yesterday with Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexicans.

DSC07315 (1200 x 900).jpg

There was still plenty of powder to float through the trees.

DSC07319 (1200 x 900).jpg

I am a bit sore today, I floated out off control and into a tree on my last run.

G

View attachment 5262

The snow off of the beaten path is about nut deep so exploration has become a bit more arduous.

Thanks TC.

I spent the day yesterday with Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexicans.

View attachment 5263

There was still plenty of powder to float through the trees.

View attachment 5264

I am a bit sore today, I floated out off control and into a tree on my last run.

G

You better get yourself a crash helmet!

You better get yourself a crash helmet!

I always wear a helmet on my head when I drop a spruce so it would make sense to wear a helmet when I try to drop a spruce with my head.

Be careful out there, Geo. Those trees are immoveable objects.

If given a choice I prefer the little green ones over the big dead ones.

I don't mind you being a tree hugger if that's what you really want, but I can think of better scenarios........

I said to myself earlier today while I was working, "I'm a tree hunger" and your name came up in the conversation.

Very funny:)

No doubt, he is a fungi.

G

Okay, but I'm just trying to watch out for you. I can't handle a report of you being missing in action...............

It's nice to know that there are actually good people out there that care about me.
I had Jiu-Jitsu class last evening and every thing seems to be back in place. I'm going back for more today, BJJ that is not skiing.

G

View attachment 5262

G
Snowshoes young man. Step up to the plate. As for the trees, that's what I love of the west. Less lawyers sueing over every sneeze. Around here if you even think of going into the trees and get caught, good chance to lose ticket. In West. if you are crazy enough to do something, your choice. Used to love the 20+ foot rock ledges of the back bowls of Vail. I'm prob done with those and the tree stuff these days. On helmets, really surprised by now they are not required on Diamonds. Never had one but maybe should. Rather go that way than in the corner drueling out the last days of my life. Have a great New Year.

Snowshoes young man. Step up to the plate. As for the trees, that's what I love of the west. Less lawyers sueing over every sneeze. Around here if you even think of going into the trees and get caught, good chance to lose ticket. In West. if you are crazy enough to do something, your choice. Used to love the 20+ foot rock ledges of the back bowls of Vail. I'm prob done with those and the tree stuff these days. On helmets, really surprised by now they are not required on Diamonds. Never had one but maybe should. Rather go that way than in the corner drueling out the last days of my life. Have a great New Year.

I know the shoes have been back ordered for weeks, out for delivery today.

I usually lost most of my friends when I would go off the backside but that was the only place that I wanted to be.

Not much has changed. The other day I figured that I might not have to stay all day only to find myself cycling to beat the clock at the end.

G

I'm still trying on my Christmas presents, Orvis waders, Korker boots, and MRS shoes.

DSC07322 (1200 x 900).jpg

So lately we have been getting 3-5" of fresh powder daily on days with little or no snow in the forecast. Tonight it is supposed to start snowing again.

DSC07324 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07325 (1200 x 900).jpg

Last Thursday a heavy weight blue belt that I had yet to meet came to class. I got to drill with him and after class the heavy weight says "let's go". Oh my, what fun we had, however, yesterday I was schooled that I had to tone it down a bit or no one will roll with me. I'm all in for the new year 4-5 times a week.

G

Beautiful pics. I can totally picture Clark Griswold going down that hill to set a new saucer sled record.

Can you use snow mobiles? That would be my cup of tea.

BTW.....your knife is getting good use on the fur! Cut myself the other day while splicing some hot wire....so first 'battle scar'.

Beautiful pics. I can totally picture Clark Griswold going down that hill to set a new saucer sled record.

Thanks Buddy.

Can you use snow mobiles? That would be my cup of tea.

BTW.....your knife is getting good use on the fur! Cut myself the other day while splicing some hot wire....so first 'battle scar'.

While having all of this snow laying around I do not see a lot snow machine activity in the hood, but they are more than welcome.

I'm glad that you are still using the knife. They haven't been any use to me this year. I have gotten some good reviews lately and requests.

So last evenings training session went about 1 hour and twenty minutes then Coach says go pee, puke, drink what ever you need to then come back ready. Not knowing what was up, I just sat there. Two pair of blue belts were matched up and me and another newbie, heavier than me, were set with Coach more closely presiding over the newbies. I was started on my back with this guy in my guard. The clock was set for 2 five minute rounds. It was time for me to practice my kinder, gentler, rolling technique but it was still more like tossing a Christian to the lion. The guy in guard's job is to pass but this poor guy was stuck knee deep in cement. This gave me time to think about what I was supposed to do, sweep or submit, game on. Second round I was in his guard which I had little trouble passing. So I ended up with my first half dozen or so submissions under my belt, Americanas, arm bars, a rear naked choke, and I even had my first leg lock 20 minutes after I learned it. I'm going again today and tomorrow.

G

Back