Ohio Farm Tours

Thank you all! My grandma recently passed away and my main focus has been on family the past couple of weeks. Seeing this buck deff got me back into the hunting spirit.

I hunted last night and pulled a card. I saw 3 does all within 26 yards, gave em the pass. I checked the card and I had my shooter in daylight 2 days ago......thatll make a grown man cry! hahaha Now the fun begins and its time to chase some big Ohio Midwestern Whitetails! Game time, Ill be in a stand Friday afterwork!

As promised. I am in a stand. "Lord make me fast and accurate"

Cold front pushing through expecting deer to move right before dark.

As promised. I am in a stand. "Lord make me fast and accurate"

Cold front pushing through expecting deer to move right before dark.
Get one for us! It's close to 90 here and on top of that I'm about to go in for 12 hours of night shift. I'll be at them next week though.
I'll be watching for your victory photos, good luck.

62 for a high today here with a strong cold front pushing through. Was 90's yesterday...would be a great time to be on stand. Possible upper 30's tonight. WILL be on stand in the morning.

Good luck to you this evening!

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. Condolences and prayers for you & your family.

Good luck! Things should start to get real interesting over the next few weeks.

At the farm and was able to check some cameras and hunt tonight. I was happy with the first buck, the others are ok but I am so darn picky sometimes I feel like I need to just be more realistic! IMG_2194.JPGIMG_2195.JPGIMG_2196.JPG

I sat in a box blind tonight, didn't see a deer but it was pouring rain and super high winds! Thank goodness for box blinds! IMG_2197.JPG

The best part about the hunt is sometimes after the hunt. Enjoying the cabin by myself, having a beer, cranking a fire, waiting for the Buckeyes to whip on Penn State tomorrow. Thank you all for reading, looking, commenting!

IMG_2198.JPG

morning hunt : 3 slicks, very cool and wind this AM. Thought I would see more.

Heading to stand around 3/330 this afternoon.

Went to hunt a stand I call Oak bottom this afternoon. I snuck back in and got into the stand perfect. I did notice it needs trimmed bad but found a huge buck rub not far form the stand. Unfortunately the wind was way wrong. It was calling for a West wind, when I got up in tree it was an East wind and I was not going to burn the stand. I decided to move. I ended up moving to a box blind over one of my favorite plots, Stonehenge.

Here is a view going down to Oak Bottom stand, you can see the terrain if fairly steep.
IMG_2199.JPG

As I snuck into my box blind I was happily surprised to see I snuck in with a doe at 60 yards. Eating the beans, rye, turnips that I have in this plot.

IMG_2200.JPG

As the night went on, more deer filtered into the plot. I saw 6 does tonight. That makes 9 does today total. That is a pretty good day for my area. I believe my deer numbers are high. I don't see huge herds of deer, typically it is several small groups. I have noticed this on my cameras as well.

IMG_2202.JPG IMG_2203.JPG

deer are loving the remanence of the beans and the rye I broadcasted in August.

No I am A Pitt fan so all is good lol!! Buckeyes are a tough team to fight against! But hey....i got to stay with mu home state lol! ...Not looking good!! at all!!

Back