Ohio Farm Tours

These deer are taunting me! I just can't seem to pic the days they move in daylight! Gosh darn it! HAHA That is what makes this hunting thing fun!
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG

WOW! These deer are driving me insane! Went to let the dog out this morning. I hung a camera near my buck target cause another buck kept messing him up bad. Anyhow I get to coming around my truck, look up and this buck was standing there looking at me. I had nothing but a 70lb chocolate lab in my hands. Almost heartbreaking that when I cannot hunt I see them and when I can hunt I don't. That is part of it though. Idk what he'd score but I would have killed him given the chance.

IMG_2259.JPG

Got to farm last night. Pulled a card and had several decent bucks doggin does and moving in daylight over last 4/5 days. I am not certain Id shoot any of them but my cousin has the green light. I am hoping by the end of the week Ill be coming to you live with some dead deer pictures!

Wish us luck everyone!

well deer hunting was slow or me at the farm. I was shocked to see it so slow but I think I just miss timed the rut. My cousin however capitalized on his very first bow kill. He has worked his tail off with me from planting plots, to strategy, hanging sets, etc. He is about the only person who I let hunt the farm wherever/whenever they want to hunt. We also got to share the experience with my grandpa after the hunt. My grandpa lost his wife of 68 years a couple of month back. This was the happiest I seen that old W2 vet and coal miner in awhile. His eyes lit up as he walked to the back of the truck. Screw what the deer scores, that deer scores 1million in my book. I will not forget this day for sometime!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Congrats to your cousin on a fine bow harvest. Looks like you may need to get grandpa on one of those bucks! Give him a big thank you for his service from all of us on the forum. Hoping you get to seal the deal on one of those bucks!

Congrats on a bruiser for your cousin. His smile tells the story, great first kill for a bow hunter and icing on the cake for making your grandpa happy!

Great buck for the cousin and so happy he got to share the experience with grandpa-a member of the Greatest Generation. Give gramps a firm handshake from this Okie that appreciates his freedom.

Todd

Back