Quapaw Meadows (My 160 Acres)...

Loving the updates DogDoc! Beautiful bucks. Your #1 hit lister HAS to be over 4.5, at least 5.5. Good luck

Few pics from hunting this week

cpO3p6y.jpg

cgXNiko.jpg

O5ryHHt.jpg

7GJ7Ago.jpg

After I did my last hunt I headed over to dad's place to check a camera I set up over there. He had just mowed and baled and there were several roadrunners chasing the bugs in the newly cut field.

wETDBfE.jpg

0lyKhjQ.jpg

well the 9 day BP season came and went very uneventful. High temps really slowed down deer movement. Did not see one shooter buck and only saw 2 smaller bucks during the days that I hunted. I hunted a total of 5 days. Pulled a couple cards on the way out which confirmed only night time movement by the target bucks.

The non-typical is still roaming around. I sure hope myself or my daughter get a chance at this big buck.

C3nm7JX.jpg

Might just be the angle of the picture but he sure doesn't look like he is packing much in his manhood. Wonder if that is playing a role in his weird antlers. Very very unusual to see anything non-typical around my area.

FrwgjcX.jpg

The droptine buck (first buck I have ever seen with any size droptine) is still around also. When I went to pull the cam I noticed that a small blackjack was torn to pieces. This is new so I was excited to pull the card.

Here he is coming in. This was from this morning. Would have loved to be in the stand over looking this camera but the wind was wrong. I have been so excited to hunt this stand but it is only huntable with a NW wind.

Notice the other buck in the background. Almost legal shooting time.
ibPv4IU.jpg

He sees the other buck and starts destroying the poor oak.
fKnK0Wk.jpg

15 minutes later a different buck (probably the one in the background) decides to put his mark on the tree also.
Legal shooting time this morning was 7:05

Back to the crossbow till rifle season.

Plots are struggling. I have received less than 0.4" of rain in October and that was over 3 weeks ago. It is very dry.

good luck to all
todd

Cool pics. Cmon, youd rather put an arrow in one of those bucks anyway. :)
I had a doe pic on a plot right where i was hunting saturday morning. I never saw her. Lot of stuff going on that we never know.
Hope you or your daughter can slay that non-typical!

Took a 3 day weekend to do some bowhunting this weekend. Temps are a little cooler and had a nice north breeze this afternoon. Climbed up the tripod stand with my Excalibur crossbow at 2pm. Within 20 minutes had a deer in the tree line but couldn't tell what it was. At right around 4:30 I heard crunching leaves and had a doe walking in the tree line. Leaves are still on the oaks so couldn't see an entire body. About 20 steps behind I saw a deer following her but all I could see was a big body and very dark tarsal glands. As he walked by I grabbed my grunt tube and gave 2 soft grunts. He stopped but I couldn't see him. Once he started walking away again to the doe I gave a little more aggressive grunt. All of a sudden I hear him turn around and start walking my way. Couldn't see him but knew he was getting close. I pull up the crossbow and release the safety and wait. He comes into a small opening at 23 yards. Place the crosshairs behind the shoulder and squeeze. Perfect shot as I see the arrow find the mark right behind the shoulder. The Excalibur and the Rage broadhead did it's job. Short tracking job of about 50 yards. It was my non-typical that was my #1 hit list buck. He dressed out at an even 185#. I am so pumped.

Bw1XI8A.jpg

Todd

Todd, that is fantastic! Such a nice deer, and great picture too. Glad to see you get your top of the hit list buck.

We started hunting today. Only saw 11 non-antlered, but still a fun morning. Rut was hot here around November 2 - 5 but nothing happening now.

Congrats again buddy. You earned that deer for sure! 185# is a hog and you can tell your foodplotting is putting lots of weight on them!

Wish I was there; sounds like a great hunt. While they are all special that is a special deer indeed, a true non typical unlike any other. Congratulations on hanging in there and catching him during daylight or early morning light and on a clean shot.

Enjoyed the roadrunner pictures also;we don't have them here in northern New York.

Opening day of rifle season here in Missouri. I seen 12 does and 2 bucks. One of the bucks an 8pt hog was 100yds from but on the wrong side of the fence. All bucks seen today were alone and no chasing noted yet. Hitting it again tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Back