Quapaw Meadows (My 160 Acres)...

Con't from previous page
Looks like a few new bucks show up. Hopefully some cooler weather that is suppose to come in will get them moving a little more in the daytime but right now that are all nocturnal. I hardly ever have bucks this early in the season so I am pretty excited when these guys start searching for girls and get a little stupid.

New buck #1--first deer I have ever had on my place with a droptine--it's small but it's there

New buck #2--Now this guy has some character. Would love to have this big guy on the wall. Just hope he hangs around.

My Boggy Bottom Buck is still hanging around. He has been here all summer. Would definitely but a nice trophy also.

I can't ID this buck. I don't know if he is new or not? He may be the same buck with the small droptine

Bucks are starting to get a little frisky

Caught a little sparring sequence. Wish it was on video

It might be time to thin a doe or two. It's the first year that my small Eagle Bean plot hasn't been able to keep up with the pressure. They have it eaten to bare stems. However, there are still quite a few pods.

I did receive some great news this week. The disease that I had on my left shoulder (Avascular Necrosis) is often bilateral so last week I had a MRI on the right shoulder. Doctor called yesterday to let me know the right shoulder is good (Thank you Lord). I don't know if I could go through another shoulder surgery so I was, let's just say, a little stressed out about it.

take care and God Bless
todd

Last edited:
new buck#2 in post 181 looks to be the BB buck in post 182.

G

The BB buck does have a funky left antler with a split G2 and G3 but his right side is just a normal 4 points with no palmation. Here is a side view of the BB buck

Good news on the right shoulder Todd. You are getting some awesome looking buck coming in. We are still in the summer pattern here with bach groups not broken up yet and very little changing. Best wishes with your hunting.

Glad you got some good news on the other shoulder. Hope you move a couple of those bucks to your wall in the near future.

Doc, you sure have a strong group of bucks showing up this year. That Boggy Bottom buck sure does have some character and would make a great trophy. Good Luck!

Dogdoc ive been look for scion from an Orient pear got quite a few pears I could use to trade if your interested.

Dogdoc ive been look for scion from an Orient pear got quite a few pears I could use to trade if your interested.
Well I have 25 pear seedlings I will be over wintering for home grafting next spring so I would love to make that trade. I can get you plenty or Orient scions.

Awesome a lot of my trees were planted as bare roots last Dec. I know I can get a good piece of the Phoenix and seckle I have several more but I'll have to look and see if theu have any pieces big enough for grafting.

My "deer cabin" needed a little work. Leaky roof. Rodent damage--all my fault for not taking better care of it but she got an overhaul. Rewired, power washed, and roof patched and a thick coat of roofing stuff. Only bad deal is the heater is fried. So guess I'll be using a little space heater.

Screenshot_2016-10-12-16-55-49.png

I've said it before but sunflowers are such a great early season draw. Nothing else getting foraged in this small plot except the young sunflowers.

6be3765d3907e9b09d63627bc77950d9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20161012_113616.jpg
    20161012_113616.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I must just illiterate because I hate tapatalk. I know a lot of ya'll use it but half the time my pics post sideways

I must just illiterate because I hate tapatalk. I know a lot of ya'll use it but half the time my pics post sideways

I put an upright one in there for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back