Quapaw Meadows (My 160 Acres)...

I must just illiterate because I hate tapatalk. I know a lot of ya'll use it but half the time my pics post sideways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
You just need to tilt your head the other way. BTW, brute of a buck. Good luck.

The ole boy posed for the cam.
Great news about the other shoulder. Ive heard how tough recovery can be.
I think you have made a nice deer property there for sure. Your girls must get along.

Nice bucks roaming your place! Great news on the shoulder. Planted sunflowers for the 1st time in 2012. They matured into an incredibly beautiful field of yellow reaching maturity. Since then they never get past a foot high. Deer just devour them. Hoping you get a crack at one of those bucks!

Most importantly, great news on the shoulder. All this wonderful stuff we do means nothing without our health.

Good luck! Looks like you have a few nice bucks to go after.

Dogdoc know you are looking to expand your pear orchard varieties thought I would mention the USDA grin site is letting you order pear scions for next year again. They have some good varieties I've found such as Warren, harrow delight, Ledbetter, pineapple, one I found called Charles Harris is listed as excellent blight resistance and holds fruit into October. Anyone it's free to get the scion sent to your house in case your interested. If you do order any tell them it will be used for research and that that you plant to report your findings to various message boards.

Dogdoc know you are looking to expand your pear orchard varieties thought I would mention the USDA grin site is letting you order pear scions for next year again. They have some good varieties I've found such as Warren, harrow delight, Ledbetter, pineapple, one I found called Charles Harris is listed as excellent blight resistance and holds fruit into October. Anyone it's free to get the scion sent to your house in case your interested. If you do order any tell them it will be used for research and that that you plant to report your findings to various message boards.
Do you have a link for that?

Saturday is opening day of BP season so I went out and got the trailer all ready for a weekend stay. I have a 3 day weekend so going bow hunt all day friday and then BP hunt the weekend. I checked one camera on the front of my property that I will not be hunting due to wrong wind this weekend. Getting a lot of buck activity but all the big boys are still at night. Cold front coming in tomorrow that is going to drop lows in the 40's so hopefully that might get a few bucks moving a little during shooting light. I also went over to my dad's place to check out some persimmon trees and found some new trees for scion collection. Still holding persimmons that haven't ripened yet. I flagged about 10 trees so should have plenty of scions for anyone wanting any next spring.

Here is my #1 hit list buck. Like i said he is still completely nocturnal but love his junk up top and this has to be one of the largest bodied bucks I have ever seen on my place. Looks very mature to me. I would say he is at least 4.5.

pUGLCEm.jpg

3GYN1IW.jpg

todd

haven't ever done any grafting but I have been helping an old guy clean up pears that are falling from a tree in his year.They have been falling for a couple weeks and it is still loaded.Don't know what kind but it must be fairly late dropper.Wish I could move tree,he's talking about cutting it down

Hunted my dad's place tonight. Wanted to stick a doe for some meat. Had one come in at 10 yards with just a few minutes of shooting light left and talked myself out of it. Too lazy to clean her tonight.

Will be sitting on Boggy Bottom in the morning with the ML.

In tower stand. Thirty minutes to legal shooting light. Sitting in my new BBJ Plot. Forty eight degrees and calm-wishing it was 28 degrees. Only time I like cold weather is when I am hunting.

In tower stand. Thirty minutes to legal shooting light. Sitting in my new BBJ Plot. Forty eight degrees and calm-wishing it was 28 degrees. Only time I like cold weather is when I am hunting.
Good luck my friend!

Big deer working scrape lines in broad daylight here per trailcam card pull on way up the mountain. I am middle of deep woods with red oaks dropping.

Beautiful morning on the 2nd day of BP season. Gonna get Warm in a hurry. Does are not being chased. No sign of pre-rut in central Oklahoma.
f4abfd3c4d73404792563d869dbd4f15.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Happy to follow along, Doc. Enjoying your scenery there. Does are keeping us entertained here. Bucks are few and far between in daylight right now.

Back