SC Kansas

Just about screwed up today but remembered just in time to call the Wildlife Group and reschedule delivery of 25 fruit trees until i call them.they were shipping 1-3-17 but with a high of 26 next week I will wait and watch weather.

Took daughters calling new years eve and oldest put down her first yote,youngest got doe duty last night and brought home a nice mature doeabby coyote.JPG

That gun came with 2 30 round clips but I don't put that many in.I have a 10 round I think for the other gun we built

Here in Oklahoma we are limited to mags that will only physically hold 7 rounds if we are hunting when any deer gun seasons are in place...silly law and I don't think Kansas has that one...

Yes I don't think we have anything like that here.You can use a .223 to deer hunt but I don't allow them on farm.just not enough lead unless it's the perfect hit and I have sims vibration recoil pads on the rifles so the 243 or 7mag isn't an issue for the girls

Happy looking kid, great looking gun, and beautiful coyote! Congrats.

I use to think the same about the .223 until I let my kid use his for a deer. My oldest has now shot several deer with his AR - .223. None of them have ran as far as when shot with my .308, but he shoots open sites and never takes a shot farther than 20yds. My .308 slides right through them, his .223 seems to release a lot of energy into them and does a LOT of damage. Even though his .223 has been highly successful at killing deer, I still wouldn't want him shooting a deer at more than 100yds with it.

Alot of it depends on the bullets,For that gun we usually buy what ever is cheapest not the one that performs best on game

Finished plant 15 pear and crabapple trees from Wildlife group,was surprised when I went through them that what I received didn't match the packing slip and 1 didn't have a tag so I don't know what it is.fruit tree 2017.jpg

My lab found a shed for the buck I was hoping for in the pic the one on right is from this year and the left is last year.The left side stayed the same as last year but is alot different than rt sideshed 2017.jpg

Finished plant 15 pear and crabapple trees from Wildlife group,was surprised when I went through them that what I received didn't match the packing slip and 1 didn't have a tag so I don't know what it is.View attachment 5959
Did you give them a call? That is a lot of work, money, and time to invested in something you didn't order. Might be a lot of wasted effort if what they sent didn't have the DR that you need and they all die and 5yrs, or never produce fruit because it isn't well adapted to our area.

Great sheds!

I also had 4 apples moved yesterday with a spade a friend has to complete the new orchard.It has around 30 pears,crabs and apples in this new orchard.The 4 bigger apples are the ones not fenced yetorchard 2017.jpg

I purchased some trees from Wildlife group and as stated above some of the trees wern't what I ordered,ok it says that may happen but they said they replaced some of the trees but I received some of the ones that I was supposed to get but said I didn't on the packing slip and 1 tree wasn't tagged at all.So last night I was going over my credit card bill and I have a charge for Beck turf in Alabama.What the heck and it's not for the amount of my trees.I call them today and yes they bill through that name and they did over charge me 50.00.It's free shipping if you do the ship and save online.They had it documented that I had tried to order online and the site had issues so they said they would credit me back the 50.00.So be sure and do the online and then make sure they charge you correctly.They really should have it somewhere that they charge under a different name.I was fixing to have my card shut off.

Everyone is getting rain and so far have been lucky enough to keep it in the river and not over the fields.If anyone around Kansas needs products from Grandpa Rays Outdoors drop me a line and I will sell at special prices.I am starting to see apples forming and will get pictures this weekend

Had to get a new camera and about all thats been getting done is mowing.Anyone priced a steering cylinder for a tractor lately?Shocked me,1200.00 for my Mahindra.I went with the rebuild kit and they sent me the wrong on so I am down a week.Anyway here are some pictures of some of the growth with all the rain.These to shrub plots were planted in 2015 one is sandhill plums and the other fragrant sumac.Guess they will have to wait,still can't get pics to load here and they are down to lowest quality trying to get them small enough.

Ok I will see if I got it figured out now,these are the 2 shrub plots,well still not working.I can load on other site,anyone know what max size of file is.It doesn't say what is wrong on the error

Back