"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

I got across the road yesterday to pull trail cam cards and look the plots over. Trail cams are not showing any rut behavior other than occasional sparring and is showing a very large number of does and small bucks have moved in with some of the larger bucks now being MIA. I figure the larger deer have moved over to acorns and quieter surroundings for the next couple weeks and if our plots hold out and keep attracting the does they should come back with a vengeance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem. Our bigger bucks are nowhere to be found. Only does and smaller bucks. I use apples and pears to lure in the deer closer to the camera for a better look and a coyote has set up residence under my camera. I hope I can take care of that this weekend... :(

I am having the same problem. Our bigger bucks are nowhere to be found. Only does and smaller bucks. I use apples and pears to lure in the deer closer to the camera for a better look and a coyote has set up residence under my camera. I hope I can take care of that this weekend... :(
Hope you get your coyote issue sorted out. We have 3 dogs that are running our place and chasing the deer on almost a daily basis and that may be part of our problem right now too :( Lots of does using the hollow so it is just a matter of time until the bigger bucks show back up but the question is will we ever get the right wind to capitalize on this?

Those are good rain totals, OkieK. I am hoping for some today/tomorrow, possibility is there but percentage chances are low. I am really glad I used the chisel plow this year because it created some furrows to catch the seed and gather what rain we get.
And I am certainly glad you messaged me about the chisel plow because it mean't I could actually plot our rocks once I got 1 ;)

Well tomorrow begins our first time this year that adults can shoot something other than pointy sticks at deer and runs for 9 days...Muzzleloader season...

I am off the entire week and typically if I am going to get a shot at the biggest deer of the year it is this season. Only issue is this year this season is pretty early. Some years it runs the last few days of October and the first few in November but this year it ends before Halloween...

Staying with the hot weather topic as far out as I can see it is going to be 80's with warm nights. It runs a little warmer than these temps pictured where I will be so come Tuesday or so we will be mid 80's...every single day is a south wind. Best looking day to hunt is tomorrow for this entire coming week..

94894ad098cd61c6cdcb5c08a192766f.jpg

Good or bad I will be posting along when I have cell service. Both the hollow and our lease have lots of no service areas so it just depends on which stand I chose for the day...

Stay tuned ;)

Good luck Okie! Pretty sure you don't need any luck in the equation but thought I'd throw it in. :D Think we're all looking for cooler temps to move in. We have it this weekend with lows in the lower 40s. 1st Friday I haven't been to the farm in a long time. So much travel here lately that I decided to just chill solo tonight at home. Prolly go down early in the morn and hunt tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to you and all the okies on muzzleloader season! My son and I are going to stay at the cabin this weekend and hunt. The big bucks have disappeared here also! Just little bucks and does. Hope my luck changes. I shot a doe with my bow and never found her. Saw her running the next day so I hope she made it. My shot hit high below the spine. She was only 8 yards and my top pin is set for 20. I forgot to hold low. Sure wanted some back strap! But, my fault! I HATE losing deer. It really bothers me. It's going to be warm!

Well, i didnt hear any shooting over your way yet... :D
39 is sweet. Wish it would hold for ya.

Saw 2 does so far and both had nice bucks in tow.

Wife trying to get it done on a big buck chasing a doe around her 1/2 mile from me!

Trail cam on scrape showed good buck mid day yesterday. Timing is right in our area to kill a brute if the heat coming in doesnt shut everything down!

37ab2c8760231058a5025aacceaa667f.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't your guys "think" they had that area due to some misinformation from another outfitter? If so I could definitely see where they thought they might have the right but they should have definitely verified! Our trespasser/plotter guys couldn't even give us a story like that. They KNEW they only owned 290 feet off of the road and they still tried to plot and hunt over 1300 feet in with no permission whatsoever.
Yes this is the same farm the outfitter sent him to. The problem was in between that time and when I talked to the guy. I had talked to the outfitter telling him to make sure they do not set foot back on that farm again and if they wanted their cameras and stands back to give me a call. I then posted the property with very clear markings and my name on the signs. These guys know who I am and still proceeded to trespass and then accuse me of stealing their stands. Obviously the outfitter never had a talk with them about where they are supposed to be and left it for them to find out the hard way.

Mishap...
On the way in early this morning I have to cross a very rocky creek. I step across a couple really large rocks to do so and when I was doing this with my rifle slung on my shoulder the top sling mount pulled out of the wood and the rifle rotated off my shoulder and even though I still had gold of the butt it smashed into the rock with my front sight and vibrated the gun so much it actually opened the action and caused 209 primer to fly off into the darkness.

Looking at it now in broad daylight it got hurt much worse than I thought...

576bf04dc98617495004a5271299292e.jpg

4353e3a0b6049be5bdd00d1126c37de1.jpg

150f6a527932030fd4b5b634fff5efc1.jpg

Last edited:
A couple hour drive and 2 hour sight in session and I am back on stand and back in business. My TC Omega needs a new stock so now using a TC Encore...

b657d9c99b7a928f9d2f237bfcfdd640.jpg

f64554392fa04d3e705e910d186d4b5a.jpg

1cf16ed3c76a006222b554274d48e811.jpg

Back