Who hunts with a recurve or longbow?

Recurve or longbow only for the last 28 years. Have no problem with what anyone choses to hunt with as long as it is legal and they hunt ethically...but I do love my traditional bows!

Both, been building and shooting takedown recurves and long bows since 94. Occasionally have to revert to the compound when my shoulder is causing issues and lack of practice.

Started with a Bear Grizzly recurve back in the day. I took it out 2 yrs ago and got a new string and some arrows but I just couldnt get good enough to hunt with it again

I shoot a hoyt Dorado with Tradtech limbs. Also shoot a Hoyt compound. Love trad bows but have sold all but the Dorado over the last couple of years due to lack of practice time. It isn't nearly as pretty as many of the other bows that I've owned but it's a great shooting bow.

My dad makes bows. Hunted with takedown longbow until two years ago when we had our second child. Not enough practice and I don't feel good using it. Will use compound until I have a bit more time. Nothing compares to killing a deer with a traditional bow, in my opinion.

I hunt with both, started with a bear recurve when I finally drew the famous Mcalester depot hunt. Two years later I bought a used boss bow from a friend. Love the long bow and the recurve but I have yet to kill a deer with either. The compound now sits mostly with little to no use. I'm hoping to kill a deer this year with the traditional bows, but I've said that before. I wish I had someone close to learn from I've always admired people who can make their own bows.

I have been hunting with a longbow. I started having shoulder issues last year so I bought a compound to hunt with last season. I had a great season but it just didn't feel right. I hope to be getting a lighter weight bow soon enough this year to hunt with, if not it will have to be the compound again. The main thing is being able to hunt!

Have kind of gotten away from it due to lack of time to stay where I need to accuracy wise. But would encourage any one to take up traditional archery even if you never hunt with one. Not much beats a day field shooting with a stick bow.

Started shooting a Black Widow recurve in 2014 after a number of years shooting compound. 1 doe and a couple of pigs so far with the BW.

I've built a few over the years and hunted with them.

bison.jpg

8bb54f14-3c11-4731-9dfc-e7e8952011bd.jpg

pig4.jpg

TBJWV.jpg

9aeef36f-e03f-4f33-ac48-6abd824f9268.jpg

Brian.jpg

Stingray2.jpg

MilburyBrian.jpg

04doe.jpg

TXrabbit.jpg

carp6-072.jpg

620371EE-3AED-45DC-95D4-D229A9179D0D.jpg

MontanaTG53.jpg

Kunitz, that's some nice shooting on the target and the critters. There are some gorgeous woods for bow building but not much competes with slither skins on a bow.

Nice bows both of you.

Back