Who hunts with a recurve or longbow?

The selfbow in my pics with the rattlesnake skin is one I built myself out of Osage Orange growing on our property at "Home 10"...

Killed that doe with it and used a flint head :)

Good stuff! I used to should a self bow a bit, but never took one to the woods. I've even messed around with an Atlatl, but "modern" longbows and recurve a are my "happy spot." I feel effective and effectively challenged enough to make for an honest hunt.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I've been blessed for sure and have more fun than I probably deserve thanks to the Good Lord, great parents, my beautiful wife & my daughters.

Weasel and Okie...You guys rock!!! Both of you guys need an outdoor show getting it done old school.

I'm game but as you may have noticed, Johnny already has one or two things going on :D

Impressive critters fellars! Two things that I am terrible at it taking hunt related photos and then figuring out how to post them. I need to learn how to do all of this from my phone I reckon. I will have my some help me figure it out!

Nice deer ALwoodsman. Those woods look familiar. I grew up in north Alabama and hunted those rocky "mountains" for many years. Amazing how different the terrain is just a couple hours south in my neck of the woods.

Nice deer ALwoodsman. Those woods look familiar. I grew up in north Alabama and hunted those rocky "mountains" for many years. Amazing how different the terrain is just a couple hours south in my neck of the woods.
Some days I love the mountains, some days I hate them.

I started with a Browning recurve at 14 years old in the early '80s. I never took a deer with it and missed several - life was pretty simple then! I ended up going to compound bows, but I recently refinished an early Ben Pearson Mustang and have been thinking about trying to use it in a real hunt. I wish I still had the old Browning!

Back