Geo in Co

Me and Hank went for a walk between gun seasons to check out an oak brush hill. My neighbor shot a mule deer buck here second gun season. I put a red arrow pointing to my house in the close up shot of the hood.

DSC07105 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07107 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07109 (1200 x 901).jpg

DSC07112 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07114 home (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07115 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07123 (1200 x 900).jpg

Temperatures are still in the fifties here with nothing but sun. Neighbors say it will snow here, sometimes 2-3' at a time and I better get a snow blower. Well I decided to make use of my Polarious instead, hopefully it works. The blade and wench cost less than a snow blower.

DSC07124 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07126 (1200 x 900).jpg

I went to town yesterday and took my first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instruction, no Gi class. My instructor, a 3 or 4 degree brown belt under Carlson Gracie had me lay on my back, he mounted me and told me to escape. So I tried to lift him and roll out from underneath which quickly led to me being in a rear naked choke, he let go before I took a nap. My second and third attempts I tried to push him off which quickly led to arm bars. I have 70lbs on the guy, I couldn't budge him. Fun stuff, I'm going to practice up what he showed me and go back for more.

G

Last edited:
We don't get a lot of snow but my blade on the front of my old atv worked great up to 18" of snow but that's the most I've ever used it on. Big heavy wet snow can be rough on them. Might have to get out during the storm to avoid super deep plowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful pics G. Enjoy the Jui-Jitsu. Martial arts were always something I was interested in but never made time for it. Maybe someday.

My neighbor and I have a contest each snow. He has tire chained lawn tractor and blade and I have JD snowblower that will cut 24 in deep. I win everytime, not sure why we do this. He can hold his own with a foot, but 2+ feet and I've take him easily. That snow you guys have is light powder and doubt you will have any trouble. Be careful with that light weight fighter, pistol evens everything out.;)

We don't get a lot of snow but my blade on the front of my old atv worked great up to 18" of snow but that's the most I've ever used it on. Big heavy wet snow can be rough on them. Might have to get out during the storm to avoid super deep plowingSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone suggested to get it out during a snow and keep it moving.

Does the wench serve beer at least?

No, I still need another one to do that.

Looks dry there. Good luck with that snow. Keep a good path to your wood pile!

It is, but that is fairly normal. We had one cloudy day and another cloudy day with rain in probably the last 75 days, constant sunshine. I have an entrance door on each end of the wood pile.

Beautiful pics G. Enjoy the Jui-Jitsu. Martial arts were always something I was interested in but never made time for it. Maybe someday.

Thanks Weasel. The closest Academy to me in Iowa was 90 miles away in Iowa City. My Iowa sale was partly an effort to make time for other things in life.

My neighbor and I have a contest each snow. He has tire chained lawn tractor and blade and I have JD snowblower that will cut 24 in deep. I win everytime, not sure why we do this. He can hold his own with a foot, but 2+ feet and I've take him easily. That snow you guys have is light powder and doubt you will have any trouble. Be careful with that light weight fighter, pistol evens everything out.;)

My next door neighbor is pretty proud of his snow blower, we'll see. Coach Ryan teaches combat class this evening.

There are still some kokanee working the creek

DSC07129 (1200 x 900).jpg

some sinkers and some swimming upside down.

DSC07136 (1200 x 900).jpg

4th season gun starts tomorrow and I was told back in September that there could be 8' of snow for the 4th season up in the hills. We have and inch forecast for Thursday.

DSC07135 (1200 x 900).jpg

G

Last edited:
Better enjoy what you can before the real weather hits, G.
Is the hunting tough out there? Or just going to take some time to figure out?
Any word from the sold off Iowa 80? Did hickory ridge produce this year?

I'm not sure how they get water to run uphill but there seems to be some interesting hydrology in these parts.

2 more sessions in the past 3 days, hips, knees, lower back, new neuro pathways, check. Coach had us working the 4 guard positions from up to down, I was spewing endorphins. I just hope ibuprofen isn't a performance enhancing drug?

DSC07110 (1200 x 900).jpg

Better enjoy what you can before the real weather hits, G.
Is the hunting tough out there? Or just going to take some time to figure out?
Any word from the sold off Iowa 80? Did hickory ridge produce this year?

There is a cold front coming thru real soon, I'm ready.

yep and yep on the hunting here.

No word lately from Iowa in regards to hunting.

G

I dreamed I was in Denver with snowcapped peaks in back ground last night, G. I think my subconscience is telling me I need a trip back to the Divide.

If it makes you feel better I was deer hunting last weekend in 70-75 degrees just a little south of your old stomping ground. Few good ones hitting the ground, none for me yet. Statewide was 96000 for opening wkend!

Last edited:
I dreamed I was in Denver with snowcapped peaks in back ground last night, G. I think my subconscience is telling me I need a trip back to the Divide.

I have room here for wayward ski bums.

Pagosa peak is starting to gather snow today. 18 degrees feels like minus 3 with heavy snow currently at Wolf Creek Ski area.

If it makes you feel better I was deer hunting last weekend in 70-75 degrees last weekend just a little south of your old stomping ground. Few good ones hitting the ground, none for me yet. Statewide was 96000 for opening wkend!

No that doesn't help, I miss Homeboy and double drop.

G

Ahh what great pictures! I am in colorado with you Geo. Ft Collins and then steamboat

Say what? Visiting? First one on the ski hill?

Wolf Creek kicks off their season today. They are claiming 24" mid mountain base, funny thing is they only received a total of 15" from the last snow. I went to town yesterday to reconnoiter and the locals said wait for at least 3' of base. The owner of the store said that he is waiting for 10' of base.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm going all in, new skis and season pass.

G

I thought the landscape pictures couldn't get anymore breathtaking - but I was wrong. The snow put a whole new twist to the rugged natural beauty.

Can't wait for you to become a Jiu-Jitsu expert and we get to see you take down a bear - bare handed...........................

Back